NEW YORK, Aug. 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Canadian Media Sales (CMS), the largest U.S. representative of Canadian media properties, will begin representing 19 additional specialty television networks owned by Corus Entertainment as of August 31, 2016. This exclusive sales partnership nearly doubles the number of specialty television properties in CMS's portfolio, and gives U.S. advertisers the ability to reach 99% of the Canadian population through one sales team.
"We are thrilled to expand our partnership with Corus Entertainment and add these premium brands to our media portfolio," says CMS president Michael Custardo. "We take great pride in offering the top Canadian media properties to our U.S. advertisers, and this expansion includes diverse networks that will be valuable assets to our buyers."
CMS's television portfolio now includes:
- 1 national broadcast network: Global Television
- 18 local broadcast stations: CIII Ontario, CKMI Montreal, CHAN Vancouver, CIHF Halifax, CITV Edmonton, CJON St. John's, CKND Winnipeg, CJBN Kenora, CICT Calgary, CISA Lethbridge, CFRE Regina, CFSK Saskatoon, CHBC Kelowna, CHFD Thunder Bay, CKPR Thunder Bay, CHEX Durham, CHEX 2 Oshawa, and CKWS Kingston
- 9 analog specialty networks: *CMT, DTOUR, Food Network Canada, HGTV Canada, History Television, *OWN, Showcase, Slice, and *W Network
- 17 digital specialty networks: *ABC Spark, Action, BBC Canada, BC 1 News, *Cosmopolitan TV, Crime + Investigation, DejaView, DIY Network, FYI, H2, IFC, Lifetime, MovieTime, National Geographic, Nat Geo WILD, *Sundance Channel, and *W Movies
- 4 analog kids specialty networks: *Disney Channel, *Teletoon, *Treehouse TV, *YTV
- 4 digital kids specialty networks: *Cartoon Network, *Disney Jr, *Disney XD, *Nickelodeon
- 9 French specialty networks: Canal D, Canal Vie, *Disney La Chaîne, *Historia, Investigation, *Séries+, *Teletoon, VRAK, and Z
*New brands as of August 29, 2016
In addition to these television properties, CMS also represents over 100 radio stations through Bell Media, companion websites to Corus and Bell Media's television brands, and 4 mobile apps. U.S. advertisers can reach narrowly targeted demographics through a combination of these media platforms.
U.S. agencies interested in advertising in Canada should contact Canadian Media Sales at 212-967-1999 or visit www.canmediasales.com for more information.
About Canadian Media Sales:
Representing Canada's top television, radio, digital, and mobile properties, CMS provides information and resources to help American advertising agencies place targeted buys and reach nearly 100% of the Canadian population. The CMS sales team is dedicated to helping buyers create and execute effective campaigns, whether through brandsell, integrations, contests, sponsorships, cross-platform solutions, or other creative strategies.
For a full list of represented television, radio, digital, and mobile brands, please visit www.canmediasales.com.
Corus Entertainment Inc. is a leading media and content company that creates and delivers high quality brands and content across platforms for audiences around the world. The company's portfolio of multimedia offerings encompasses 45 specialty television services, 39 radio stations, 15 conventional television stations, a global content business, digital assets, live events, children's book publishing, animation software, technology and media services. Corus' roster of premium brands includes Global Television, W Network, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network Canada, HGTV Canada, Food Network Canada, HISTORY®, Showcase, National Geographic, Q107, CKNW, Fresh Radio, Disney Channel Canada, YTV, and Nickelodeon Canada. For more information, visit www.corusent.com.
This content was issued through the press release distribution service at Newswire.com. For more info visit: http://www.newswire.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/canadian-media-sales-becomes-exclusive-us-sales-rep-for-corus-entertainments-broadcast-and-specialty-television-networks-300320705.html
SOURCE Canadian Media Sales