SAN FRANCISCO, July 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global cannabidiol market size is expected to reach USD 9.69 billion by 2025, as per a new report by Grand View Research Inc. It is projected to register a CAGR of 32.6% during the forecast period. CO2 is the most majorly used extraction technique to safely and purely extract the cannabidiol (CBD). There is a rise in demand for high CBD hemp biomass, which is expected to propel growth of the CBD market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Market participants are focused on investing in the production and distribution of CBD infused products, in which a French-based wellness company, TONIC, sells a wide range of hemp-derived CBD infused orals and topicals
- Despite the high demand and increasing availability of cannabidiol, there are several uncertainties pertaining to its safety, quality, and legality, restraining the market growth
- Growing marijuana has been legalized in most of the European countries, thereby providing opportunities to start-ups dealing with marijuana-based products to explore the CBD market
- Few prominent states in U.S. such as New Jersey, Delaware, Oklahoma, New Hampshire, Florida, Connecticut, and New Mexico have legalized the use of cannabis only for medical purposes and not for recreational purposes
- In March 2019, Phyto Animal Health and HempMeds, subsidiaries of Medical Marijuana, Inc., collaborated with Mr. Checkout to increase their distribution capacity and expand their market presence worldwide
Read 111 page research report with TOC on "Cannabidiol Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Source (Hemp, Marijuana), By Application, By Distribution Channel, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cannabidiol-cbd-market
Equipment and processing practices differ significantly depending upon cultivation, variety of hemp, available equipment, and standard processes according to regions. Manufacturers are heavily investing in time and resources to maintain consistency in the quality of products. This also includes the development of reliable supply chain.
Manufacturers are focused on R&D activities to develop various strains of cannabis which are CBD rich. Apart from conventional manufacturing of CBD and its products, development of synthetic CBD has been recently introduced. Involvement of biotechnology for production of synthetic CBD has resulted in potential growth of low-cost mass production. However, the product development is still in nascent phase.
There are multiple regulations in place in different countries regarding usage of CBD. In Italy, CBD oil with 5%, 10%, and 50% is permitted to be sold in Italian markets and those categorized under the food aromatic preparation are allowed to be purchased without a prescription. Hash oil that needs prescription can only be legally purchased and prepared by pharmacists in the Galenic Laboratory of Pharmac, which is driving the demand for CBD globally.
Grand View Research has segmented the CBD market on the basis of source, application, distribution channel and region:
- Cannabidiol (CBD) Source Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Cannabidiol (CBD) Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Food & Beverages
- Cannabidiol (CBD) Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Stores
- Cannabidiol (CBD) Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Specialty & Chemicals Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Fluorosilicic Acid Market – Fluorosilicic acid's increasing demand in fluoridation of drinking water is expected to be the major market driver. Increasing demand from textile industry is also expected to boost fluorosilicic acid market
- Synthetic And Bio-Based Methyl Methacrylate (MMA) Market – Increasing polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) consumption in plastic and chemical industries worldwide is expected to drive methyl methacrylate (MMA) market growth over the forecast period.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides Market – The major drivers of global triglycerides market constitute as rise in usage of chemicals as skin protector, mainly in personal care and increasing use of capric/caprylic triglycerides in food & beverages as an ingredient is propelling the market growth for capric/caprylic triglycerides.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.