WASHINGTON, June 9, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The nation's largest yearly media gathering focused exclusively on immigration issues will take place June 22 and 23 at the Phoenix Park Hotel, 520 North Capitol Street from 6am to 9pm each day. The 10th annual Hold Their Feet to the Fire is hosted by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) and its 250,000 members and supporters. The event draws dozens of radio talk hosts from across the country who broadcast their shows live while interviewing members of Congress, law enforcement, experts, and those adversely impacted by unsecured borders and illegal immigration.
Given the intensity of the 2016 campaign and its spotlight on the immigration issue, this year's Hold Their Feet to the Fire is not only the largest ever, it will also be the largest recorded gathering ever of American talk radio in one location focusing on one issue.
Bob Dane, FAIR's Executive Director notes that, "this event provides the public with insight, clarity, choices, and solutions that emerge during the dialogue between our public officials and talk radio hosts. More importantly, it is about holding our elected leaders accountable for securing the borders, enforcing immigration laws, and reforming our policies so that America's broad national interests are properly served."
This year's event will feature robust discussion helping explain many questions:
- Why is the immigration issue so intensely dominating this particular campaign?
- What are the policy differences between the two leading candidates?
- While talk radio hosts differ on their choice of candidates, are they unified on the immigration issue? Also, is talk radio an accurate bellwether of public opinion?
- What are the implications of the Supreme Court ruling on DACA, the Obama executive amnesty? A decision is expected slightly before, during or just after the event.
- Most importantly, what steps must the next president and Congress take to secure the border, reinstate meaningful enforcement, enhance public safety and restore the rule of law?
Media are encouraged to attend and may have unrestricted access to all hosts and the broad spectrum of guest interviewees on-site. Pre-registration is not required but media must check-in at the Event Desk and present credentials.
Contact FAIR's Press Secretary Cassie Williams for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-328-7004 or 479-387-4113.
Founded in 1979, FAIR is the country's largest immigration reform group. With over 250,000 members nationwide, FAIR fights for immigration policies that serve national interests, not special interests. FAIR believes that immigration reform must enhance national security, improve the economy, protect jobs, preserve our environment, and establish a rule of law that is recognized and enforced.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/capitol-hill-site-of-years-largest-immigration-media-event-300282484.html