NEW YORK, Feb. 6, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- CardFlight, a leader in mobile point of sale (POS) technology is announcing the release of version 2.0 of its SwipeSimple mobile application. The updated app is now available in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
With the latest release, SwipeSimple offers even more features, empowering merchants to easily take payments and manage their business on the go from smartphones and tablets. Merchants and resellers can benefit from industry-leading functionality, including:
- Offline mode – allows merchants to accept a payment even if they do not have a live data connection
- Inventory and item tracking – allows merchants to update and manage their inventory via the app and dashboard
- Customizable email and SMS receipts – allow merchants to add specific business details to their receipts
- Multi-merchant account and multi-employee support – allows merchants to toggle between multiple locations for payments and reporting, and offers both owner and employee level user accounts
- Customizable settings synchronized across devices – allows a merchant to select whether to prompt for a tip, default suggested tip amounts, and local sales tax rates, with cloud-based settings automatically kept in sync across multiple devices
- Demo mode – allows resellers and merchants to explore the app without signing in. Prospective users can test out SwipeSimple's functionality without having to sign up for an account
First launched in 2014, the SwipeSimple solution includes encrypted mobile card readers, payment acceptance applications for iOS and Android devices, a real-time reporting and admin dashboard for merchants, and a reseller portal for easy onboarding and portfolio management.
SwipeSimple is a product of CardFlight, Inc., although CardFlight does not sell the product to merchants directly. Rather, SwipeSimple is offered by a network of dozens of resellers including leading banks, merchant service providers and independent sales organizations.
"As a technology company focused exclusively on mobile payments, we know how fast the mobile ecosystem is evolving," said Derek Webster, Founder and CEO of CardFlight. "Our team works hard to ensure that our products are best in class, and we're proud of the expanded functionality that SwipeSimple 2.0 offers to merchants."
The SwipeSimple 2.0 application can be downloaded from the Apple App Store at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swipesimple-credit-card-point/id840326645?mt=8 and the Google Play Store at http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cardflight.swipesimple&hl=en.
CardFlight is a leading provider of mobile POS technology and tools that make it easy for anyone to accept card present payments in any mobile app with virtually any merchant account. They offer both turnkey mobile applications and robust software development kits (SDKs) for iOS/Android that can be incorporated into customized applications. CardFlight's platform also features encrypted card readers and a PCI Level 1 compliant payment gateway that supports over 20 different processors, providing clients with complete mobile payments and mobile POS (mPOS) solutions. The company won the 2014 Technology Innovation Award from the Electronic Transactions Association, the global trade association representing companies that offer electronic transaction processing products and services. For more information on CardFlight, visit http://cardflight.com.