LAS VEGAS, Oct. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- BlogWorld & New Media Expo announced the final line-up for New Media LIVE!, a fast paced talk show that will close out the world's largest new media conference and feature the devastating insight and money-making secrets of seven pioneers in entertainment and social media.
New Media LIVE!, kicks off Saturday at 5 p.m. PDT, putting a lid on the three-day BlogWorld & New Media Expo that runs Oct. 14 through Oct. 16 at The Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas. The New Media LIVE! Show and all event keynotes will be streamed live online, powered by Ustream, on the event site at http://www.BlogWorldExpo.com and on the BlogWorld channel at http://www.ustream.tv/blogworld.
New Media LIVE! will feature media and entertainment luminaries including: Adam Carolla, TV host, radio host, podcast host and founder of ACE Broadcasting, Jeffrey Hayzlett, marketing genius and author of "The Mirror Test," Penn Jillette, magician, juggler and host of Penn Point Podcast, Shira Lazar, social media reality competition host, Cali Lewis, podcaster and host of GeekBeat.TV and Mark Malkoff, comedian, writer, filmmaker and former Ikea store resident.
"Doing the closing keynote with Rob Barnett is more exciting than the birth of my twins."-- Adam Carolla.
Moderator Rob Barnett, Founder and CEO of www.mydamnchannel.com, will force this diverse line-up of personalities to inform, entertain and engage the audience. The program will include interviews, video, and at least one news making announcement.
Wait! There's More!:
Carolla, Jillette and the other members of the new guard will reveal how they built digital empires by creating, promoting, distributing and monetizing their own content. The session will look at their plans for sustaining a long-term position in an ever-changing digital content landscape.
There is still time to register and attend BlogWorld, the most comprehensive gathering of insiders in the new media business, including access to Saturday night's finale. Details for registration are available here, http://www.blogworldexpo.com/attendee/register-and-travel.aspx.
"The Saturday night BlogWorld finale will be off the charts. On stage we'll have the top minds in the new media and entertainment business that are turning the standard business model upside down. Our host, Rob Barnett will bring the participants' stories to light about how this new breed in broadcasting has successfully captured major online followings by building successful brands and business models," -- Rick Calvert, CEO, BlogWorld.
Carrie Morrow is the producer of BlogWorld New Media LIVE!
"The Magnificent Seven" stars of New Media LIVE!:
- Rob Barnett, Founder/CEO of www.MyDamnChannel.com (Host) – This year's host of New Media LIVE! is a former on-air personality and a radio, TV, film, and new media executive who has worked at MTV, VH1, and CBS. Rob Barnett created and launched My Damn Channel in 2007. My Damn Channel is one of the most successful companies creating branded entertainment in online video for major advertisers.
- Adam Carolla, Founder of ACE Broadcasting – Host of The Adam Carolla Show and the most downloaded podcaster on iTunes. The Adam Carolla Podcast was launched in early 2009 was downloaded 4 million times in the first two weeks; from there his new media enterprise has continued to grow, maintaining 200,000 downloads a day. This fall, Carolla is releasing a book of rants for Crown Publishing, titled "In 50 Years We'll All Be Chicks."
- Jeffrey Hayzlett, Author of "The Mirror Test" – Hailed a "Celebrity CMO" by Forbes Magazine and famous for his outspoken appearances on numerous television networks, Jeffrey Hayzlett is widely recognized as one of the most influential marketers of our time. Hayzlett's mega best-selling book "The Mirror Test" has been acclaimed by thought leaders and business moguls such as Donald Trump.
- Penn Jillette, Co-star of Penn & Teller, Host of Penn Point Podcast – Penn Jillette is the larger, louder half of world-renowned comedy-magic team Penn & Teller, with a regular show at the Rio in Las Vegas. His newest venture is the web TV show Penn Point, featuring Jillette's daily rants on politics, pop-culture and life in Vegas.
- Shira Lazar, TV/Web Personality – (MC) The MC for New Media LIVE! is Shira Lazar, an EMMY-nominated TV and web personality at the forefront of all things digital. She covers the latest online trends, tech and pop culture on her CBSNews.com (http://CBSNews.com) blog, "On The Scene." Shira is a correspondent on IFC's new weekly show "The Grid" and she hosts MSN's social media reality competition, "The Tastemaker."
- Cali Lewis, Host of GeekBeat.TV – Cali Lewis hosts the popular short-format web TV show GeekBeat.TV three times each week on the Revision 3 network. The show covers technology news, current gadgets, and futuristic research projects and attracts a global audience ranging from geeks to tech newbies. Lewis has expertise in podcasting and additionally co-hosts the Wealth Nation audio podcast, which covers entrepreneurial, personal finance and quality-of-life topics.
- Mark Malkoff – Comedian, writer, filmmaker and former "Colbert Report" staffer, Mark Malkoff is shooting a piece during the event that will debut during New Media LIVE! and will be seen on his new site at: www.MyDamnChannel.com/MarkMalkoff. Mark consistently wins massive media coverage for video stunts that capture the imagination.
BlogWorld & New Media Expo 2010 is sponsored by premium brands such as: Southwest Airlines "Official Airline of BlogWorld & New Media Expo," Sony, "New Media Lounge Sponsor" and more.
Additional information on BlogWorld & New Media Expo, including session descriptions, exhibitor list and registration details, is available at http://www.blogworldexpo.com. The online interactive conference schedule, powered by Sched.org is available at http://2010.blogworldexpo.com
About BlogWorld & New Media Expo
BlogWorld & New Media Expo is the first and only industry-wide tradeshow, conference and media event dedicated to promoting the dynamic industry of new media. Thousands of attendees will learn about Content Creation, Distribution, Monetization and Social Media Marketing strategies, including step-by-step techniques and bleeding-edge tools from the most successful and influential Bloggers, Podcasters, Vloggers, Online TV & Radio Broadcasters, Social Influencers, New Media Pro's and Online Journalists.
SOURCE BlogWorld & New Media Expo