SAUSALITO, Calif., Jan. 14, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Overlooking Sausalito's boat-filled harbor on Richardson's Bay, Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa is welcoming the year by unveiling a multi-million-dollar renovation with a focus on the lobby and a new Wellness Experience which debuted on January 11. To further evolve the luxury destination, this renovation infused the historic property with an innovative approach to wellness and design, creating the perfect destination for travelers seeking to maintain their health and well-being while on the road.
The multi-million-dollar renovation is the second for Casa Madrona in the last seven years. The recent renovation focused on the following spaces: newly constructed modern lobby with 20 foot stone wall and co-working space; the spa with three bright treatment rooms; a dedicated Wellness Courtyard with a 62-inch television featuring Fitness-On-Demand workouts; and nine dedicated Wellness Guest Rooms, with tech forward amenities. The final stage of the renovation, due to be completed Spring 2019, is a cutting-edge fitness room with Peloton spin bikes and classes.
The design of the lobby at Casa Madrona was led by California-based integrated design studio SALT + BONES. The newly rebuilt lobby is an inspiring space that encourages guests to lounge longer, including ample space to focus on their business needs. The team at SALT + BONES drew inspiration from the sea, including the materials of luxury yachts, and incorporated standout pieces comprised of sand and salt such as the Ridge Table and Drift Mirror, both designed by Fernando Mastrangelo. Further design partners include a custom artwork installation from Christina Watka, a free-handed mural artwork from Marta Johnson of Sausalito and custom light fixtures from Apparatus studio.
With a personal passion for holistic health, General Manager of the property, Carmen Cruz, wanted to go beyond traditional physical fitness and nutrition when planning the Casa Wellness Experience. "My vision was to embrace the constant evolution of our hotel and to speak to the essence of our brand: creativity, innovation, uniqueness and impeccable service. At Casa, we are always looking to redefine the ultimate luxury experience".
Giving guests a glance into the future, Casa Madrona will be the first hotel to introduce a sleep fitness program leveraging innovative technology and personal biometrics. By enabling guests to achieve max performance on their most fundamental wellbeing need, sleep, their peak energy levels and performance will be restored. This multifaceted experience also includes artificial intelligence (AI) virtual personal training, immersive mind-body-heart meditation and plant-based nutrition with adaptogens.
- Eight Sleep Smart Beds – Eight Sleep technology provides guests with everything they need to achieve sleep fitness, including sleep and biometric tracking, sleep coaching, dynamic temperature regulation and integration with almost any Wi-Fi enabled device.
- Muse Meditation – Casa Madrona is the first hotel to provide guests with access to Muse 2, a brain sensing headband that guides meditation and monitors brain activity in the process. Muse 2 sensors provide real-time feedback on brain activity, heart rate, breath and body movements to guide your total meditation experience.
- Vi Sense, AI Personal Trainer – Vi, is an AI personal trainer who lives in bio sensing earphones, Vi Sense. Vi Sense's powerful heart rate sensor measures your biometrics in real time. Vi coaches you towards your goals. Based on your performance, she creates dynamic, fun workout experiences tailored to you.
- Nutrition: Urban Remedy + Moon Juice Adaptogens – Casa wellness rooms incorporate nutritional elements aimed to heal from within. Guest can request juices, tinctures, organic power bars and fresh meal plans from Bay-Area based company, Urban Remedy, to be waiting in room upon arrival. Nutritional offerings also include Moon Juice adaptogen blends, a preventative approach to preserve beauty and wellbeing.
- Fitness on Demand – This market-leading delivery platform of virtual fitness provides guests access to high quality virtual fitness classes. These programs can be experienced in the Wellness Courtyard via a 62 inch television, inside the state-of-the-art gym and in the 1,700 square foot Junto meeting space that transforms into a fitness studio.
All of the amenities listed above are also available in the newly redesigned spa for guests to take home with them. With the launch of three brand new treatment rooms, the Spa at Casa Madrona has been reimagined for guests to further expand their wellness experience.
Rates for wellness rooms begin at $409 and best available rates for standard rooms start at $349. For more information or to make reservations at Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa, please call 800.288.0502, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.casamadrona.com. For images of the property and the wellness rooms see here.
About Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa
Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa is poised on a lush hillside overlooking Richardson Bay. The property is a Victorian inspired hotel known for its Alexandrite Suite, a 5,000 square foot suite built into the side of the hill, with a panoramic view of the quaint town, the harbor of Sausalito and Richardson Bay. The property is located across the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco's North Bay with close proximity to redwood forest, Muir Woods and wineries in Sonoma and Napa Valleys. This intimate Northern California hotel perfectly blends the amenities of a full-service hotel with the charm of a historic inn. The property offers 64 guest accommodations including 22 Bayside Guest Rooms, boasting Harbor and Bayside views; 15 Lower Hillside Cottages, many with private decks, fireplaces and San Francisco Bay views; 7 Upper Hillside Cottages; 11 Hillside Mansion Guest Rooms including the 5,000 square foot Alexandrite Suite located atop the property within the historic Mansion, originally built in 1885. Most recently, Casa Madrona added 9 dedicated Wellness Guest Rooms, with tech forward amenities as part of its multi-million-dollar renovation.
SOURCE Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa