ARLINGTON, Va., Sept. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Just days after NBC "The Brave" stars Mike Vogel, Tate Ellington, Demetrius Grosse, Natacha Karam, Noah Mills, Sofia Pernas and Hadi Tabbal visited Kirtland Air Force Base and wrapped up their first-ever USO tour, the cast members are urging fans to join them and the USO in becoming a Force Behind the Forces by sending a message of support to our nation's service men and women today at USO.org/Messages. Force Behind the Forces is the USO's brand awareness campaign, that encourages the American public to demonstrate their appreciation for and support of those who selflessly serve our nation.
Earlier this month, the cast members did just that… having spent the day learning about military operations, extending their heartfelt gratitude and even treating airmen to an advance USO screening of their new drama. The morale boosting visit is just one example of how the USO strengthens service members by keeping them connected to family, home and country throughout their service to the nation. ***USO photo and video links below***
- The USO tour kicked off with a visit to the 351st Battlefield Airman Training Squadron – Kirtland Air Force Bases' new squadron which houses the US Air Force Pararescue and Combat Rescue Officer School that aid airmen for the battlefield – and a private USO meet & greet. A short time later, the cast joined airmen and their families for an advance screening of NBC's "The Brave" then opened the floor to a USO Q&A, where each star expressed their heartfelt appreciation to America's armed forces and their families and took time out to personally greet them.
- NBC's "The Brave" follows "Captain Adam Dalton" (played by Mike Vogel) and his heroic Special Ops squad of highly trained undercover specialists, to include sniper Sgt. Jasmine "Jaz" Khan" (played by Natacha Karam), 'Chief Petty Officer Ezekiel "Preach" Carter" (played by Demetrius Grosse), 'combat medic, Sergeant Joseph "McG" McGuire" (played by Noah Mills) and 'intelligence officer Agent Amir Al-Raisani' (played by Hadi Tabbal). Together, the team works hand-in-hand with "D.I.A. Deputy Director Patricia Campbell' (played by Anne Heche) and her team of analysts, to include veterans "Cultural Specialist Noah Morgenthau" (played by Tate Ellington) and "Mission Coordinator Hannah Archer" (played by Sofia Pernas). Committed to freedom, the teams work tirelessly to get the job done and to prevail in even the most complex situations. Produced by Universal Television and Keshet Studios, "The Brave" premieres this Monday, September 25th at 10/9c on NBC.
- Best known for his roles on Stephen King's hit series' "Under the Dome," "Bates Motel" and "Childhood's End," MIKE VOGEL has also starred in such films as "The Case for Christ," "Cloverfield," "The Help" and "Blue Valentine," among others. He will next be seen in the film "Battle of the Sexes," opposite Emma Stone and Steve Carell.
- DEMETRIUS GROSSE is best known for his roles in such popular series as "Westworld," "Banshee" and "Justified" as well as the hit film "Straight Outta Compton." Currently seen recurring on the series "Frontier," he will soon be featured in the upcoming film "Rampage," opposite Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
- Most recognized for her role on the Emmy Award-winning Showtime series "Homeland," NATACHA KARAM can be seen next in Rob Cohen's "Category 5," alongside Toby Kebbell.
- The face of some of the biggest names in fashion, including Calvin Klein, Emporio Armani, Tom Ford, Versace, Michael Kors and Dolce & Gabbana, NOAH MILLS has been featured in blockbuster hit "Sex and the City 2" and the hit series "2 Broke Girls."
- Seen on several hit series, including "The Blacklist," "Madam Secretary," "Elementary" and "House of Cards," HADI TABBAL has an extensive theater background and has been involved in play development with the Sundance Theatre Institute and the Lark Play Development Center, among many others.
Attributed to Mike Vogel:
"I come from a military family… Throughout my adult life, I've been very involved. I worked with the VA for a year, started a charity to help veterans that come back from Iraq and Afghanistan with PTSD, all kinds of different stuff. For me, this is kind of a dream job, to be able to continue to hopefully honor and tell the story of sacrifice and service that you all live on a daily basis."
Attributed to Natacha Karam:
"A lot of what I believed has only been reinforced. The amount of sacrifice it takes, the commitment, dedication to the corps. The thing that opened my eyes was that I didn't realize that groups like this existed. The stories that don't make the news, the faces that don't get to be seen as heroes on TV, I think it's amazing that we get to shed light on this."
About the USO:
The USO strengthens America's military service members by keeping them connected to family, home and country, throughout their service to the nation. At hundreds of locations worldwide, we are united in our commitment to connect our service members and their families through countless acts of caring, comfort, and support. The USO is a private, non-profit organization, not a government agency. Our programs, services and entertainment tours are made possible by the American people, support of our corporate partners and the dedication of our volunteers and staff.
In addition to individual donors and corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by President's Circle Partners: AT&T, Bob & Dolores Hope Foundation, Clark Construction Group, LLC, The Coca-Cola Company, FedEx, Jeep, Johnson & Johnson, Kroger, NFL, Southern New Hampshire University and Four-Star Partners: Altria, BIC, ConAgra Foods, GEICO, Harris Teeter, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft, TKS, USAA and the Wawa Foundation. We are also supported through the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). To join us in this important mission, and to learn more about the USO, please visit uso.org.
(703) 386-1170 cell
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cast-of-nbcs-the-brave-wrap-up-first-ever-uso-tour-to-kirtland-air-force-base-and-encourage-fans-to-become-a-force-behind-the-forces-300526083.html