LAKEWOOD, Colo., May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --The 2013 'Tails of the Painted Cats,' the Cat Care Society's (CCS) lineup of 21 one-of-a-kind, larger-than-life artwork cats, debuts during May at the Lakewood Arts Council Gallery, 85 South Union Blvd. The announcement is made by CCS President Diane Stoner, who says, "This year we're pleased to announce the addition of Douglas M. Tisdale, Esq., the Honorable Mayor of Cherry Hills Village, as our Auctioneer for the July 20th Gala Dinner & Auction, in addition to welcoming back Ed Greene, CBS4 Weather & News Anchor, as Master of Ceremonies for a second year."
Here's a schedule of the 2013 Tails of the Painted Cats Summer Tour (mark your calendars and join us):
- May – Lakewood Arts Council Gallery – regular gallery hours, including the 5/9/13, 6:30 – 8 p.m., public reception
- May 15 – Vincent Van Cat at Wystone's World Teas, Belmar, Benefit Brew – 5 to 8 p.m.
- June 7 – First Friday Art Walk, 6 – 10 p.m., Tennyson Street Cultural District (area galleries and businesses)
- June - Tennyson Street Cultural District, plus other Metro Denver locations (for example, Broadway Betty will be at PISMO Fine Art Glass in Cherry Creek)
- June 29 – Festival of Felines, Cat Care Society, 5787 W. 6th Avenue, Lakewood – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- July 11 – Fascination St. Fine Art in Cherry Creek, 315 Detroit St., Wine & Cheese Reception (admission)
- July 20, 5 to 9 p.m. – Pinehurst Country Club - 2013 Gala Dinner & Auction (advance tickets required)
Visit the Online Gallery at http://www.catcaresociety.org/paintedcatsgallery.html - or on YouTube at http://youtu.be/m7hSu2V8lHk. This year several of the cats have a "Buy It Now" price, if you're interested in securing your Painted Cat early (note: Buy It Now Cats remain on tour through the July 20th Gala). Advanced online bidding (including Buy It Now) is available at http://BidOnACat.blogspot.com through Wednesday, July 17, 2013, at noon (MDT).
On July 20th, the Painted Cats will be auctioned at Cat Care Society's Gala Dinner Auction at Pinehurst Country Club, along with kitten paintings, Tower of Wine selections and other fundraising games that include a 32" Flat Screen TV and Kindle HD Fire as prizes. Details regarding sponsorships, tables and individual tickets are found at: http://www.catcaresociety.org/docs/2013-TOPC-Sponsorship-Packages-Tickets.pdf. Early bird ticket pricing ends June 1.
The 2013 'Tails of the Painted Cats' lineup includes:
- Gray-dient by Timothea Biermann
- Broadway Betty by Ella Buchholz
- Cheshire Cat by Liz Cooper
- The Weather Cat by Jane McFadden Dorsey (Signed by CBS4's Ed Greene)
- Japanese Tea Kitty by Kelly D. Finn
- Cat Ballou by Laurie Hansen
- Six Lives by Mallory Hart
- Sebastian the Steampunk Messenger Cat by Laura Ingram
- Barn Cat by Betsy Keyser
- Tiffany by Wendy M. Luck
- Lily, the Calla-co Cat by Karen Mahnken
- Celeste, Celestial Cat of the Heavens by Sheila Bobay McFather
- Frida Kat-Lo by Krystie Rose Millich
- Aloha Kitty by Sherri J. Moore
- Pysanky Aloha by Carla Pawlewicz
- Betsy the Beautiful by Katherine Ross
- KittyFly by Pam Schmidt
- Puff 'n' Friends by Bobbi Shupe
- Pablo Picatso by Becky Enabnit Silver
- Green Eyed Lady by Pam Schmidt (Inspired By Gloria Pollock and Signed by the Original Members of Sugarloaf)
In addition to these 20 Painted Cats, local artist Jane McFadden Dorsey has again created the project's 'drawing kitty,' Vincent Van Cat. For a $10.00 donation per ticket, names are entered in a drawing to take him home. The winner of Vincent Van Cat will be announced at the July 20th Gala. Guiry's Color Source is the 2013 art supply sponsor for 'Tails of the Painted Cats.' For more information, visit: http://www.guirys.com.
About the Cat Care Society
Founded in 1981, CCS is a nonprofit organization established to improve the quality of life for homeless, injured and abused cats in the Denver metropolitan area. For more information, visit http://www.catcaresociety.org.
SOURCE Cat Care Society