LOS ALTOS, Calif., April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Catalog Spree, the personal digital mall that lets consumers browse, discover and shop their favorite brands, today released its first quarterly iPad Shopping Trends Report. In the report, Catalog Spree reveals that shoppers using its iPad app read 60 percent more catalogs and viewed 39 percent more catalog pages when compared year-over-year (Q1 2014 versus Q1 2013). In addition, half of all shoppers visited a retailer's website directly from the app to view further product details.
The quarterly report provides a look at the shopping habits of consumers, including trends, changes, engagement, and more. Featuring more than 350 full-page digital catalogs and lookbooks, Catalog Spree makes shopping on an iPad fun and easy. Additional findings from the report include:
- Shoppers want deals: More than one-quarter of shoppers use the price drop notification feature to find a sale
- Shoppers want content: 65 percent of shoppers requested to be notified of new catalogs from their favorite brands
- Top three brands shopped: HauteLook, One Kings Lane and Macy's
- Frequent publishing benefits: daily publications had the highest engagement levels
- Most popular categories shopped: Women and Home
- Seasonal weather is a factor: cities with highest concentration of traffic included cold weather metro areas New York, Chicago and Philadelphia
"At Catalog Spree, we've always believed that shoppers on mobile devices want a very visual, emotional shopping experience - just as they would when going to the mall or reading a traditional catalog," said Joaquin Ruiz, CEO of Catalog Spree. "To make this experience happen, we're looking beyond the search-find-buy mentality typical on mobile and web ecommerce sites. We're looking to content. Gorgeous, easy-to-shop content. Clearly we're onto something as the data speaks for itself - if the content is there, the shoppers will come."
ABOUT CATALOG SPREE:
Catalog Spree is the personal digital mall that lets consumers browse catalogs and lookbooks, discover new brands and share products they like. The award-winning app brings the fun of window shopping to the iPad and iPhone, connecting consumers with the brands they love in a personalized, one-stop mobile shopping experience. Catalog Spree works with retailers to publish digital versions of print catalogs, create custom lookbooks with its all-digital publishing platform and distribute content to over 100 million targeted shoppers on the web through its partnership with Google. Based in Los Altos, California, Catalog Spree is privately held and backed by angel investors and venture capital firms including Relay Ventures. For more information visit www.catalogspree.com.
SOURCE Catalog Spree