SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Cathay Pacific Airways today announced that is now a participant in the TSA PreCheck Program. Beginning November 1, 2017, customers traveling on Cathay Pacific from any of its six U.S. gateways (Boston, Chicago - O'Hare, Los Angeles, Newark, New York - JFK, and San Francisco) who are enrolled and approved for Global Entry, SENTRI and NEXUS will be eligible to use the dedicated TSA PreCheck lanes. This will allow eligible passengers to use dedicated screening lanes, where available, and enjoy an expedited traveller screening through TSA security checkpoints.
"Cathay Pacific strives to offer our customers a more rewarding, seamless and meaningful travel experience," said Eric Odone, Vice-President Sales and Marketing, Americas, Cathay Pacific. "Our frequent fliers have asked and we have listened … the introduction of TSA PreCheck to our North American customers further enhances our ethos of 'a life well-travelled.'"
Who is eligible for TSA PreCheck?
- Individuals who apply and are approved for the Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) trusted traveler program are eligible to participate in TSA PreCheck when traveling on a participating airline and through a participating airport. TSA PreCheck eligibility as a member of a CBP trusted program is available to members of Global Entry, SENTRI, and NEXUS.
- U.S. citizens and U.S lawful permanent residents as well as Canadian citizens who are members of NEXUS.
- For more information, including enrollment and eligibility requirements for a trusted traveler program, please visit www.dhs.gov/trusted-traveler-programs.
How does it work?
- Travelers who are approved will be provided with a membership number (PASS ID).
- When making a booking reservation or at time of check-in, travelers should enter their 9-digit PASS ID in the "Known Traveler Number" (KTN) field.
- Information including full name, date of birth and gender must be an exact match to the information provided to CBP at time of enrollment.
- This membership number enables the TSA's Secure Flight System to verify that the traveler is a legitimate CBP Trusted Traveler and eligible for TSA PreCheck.
- Once verified by TSA Secure Flight, TSA PreCheckwill be printed on the boarding pass.
About Cathay Pacific
Cathay Pacific Airways offers over 100 flights per week to Hong Kong and beyond, including over 22 destinations in Mainland China, from six cities in the USA and two in Canada: Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York (JFK), Newark Liberty, San Francisco, Vancouver and Toronto. For more information, including current fares and availability, visit cathaypacific.com/us, www.facebook.com/cathaypacificus, Twitter (@CathayPacificUS) or Instagram (@CathayPacific). For North American reservations, dial toll-free: 1-888-233-ASIA.
Communications Director, Americas
SOURCE Cathay Pacific Airways