RIVERWOODS, Ill., April 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Building greater accuracy, accountability and efficiency into the sales tax processes of a business is now easier than ever. CCH has achieved Oracle Validated Integration of CCH CorpSystem® Sales Tax Rates 1.0 and CorpSystem® Sales Tax Office 3.5 with the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 through the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN). These integrations enable CCH to now offer the CorpSystem® Sales Tax Solutions for the Oracle® E-Business Suite. CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business is the leading provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services (CCHGroup.com).
CCH sales and use tax solutions are backed with more than 90 years of experience. With Oracle Validated Integrations, professionals can be assured that CorpSystem Sales Tax Solutions for the Oracle® E-Business Suite integrates well with the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1, specifically:
- Sales Tax Rates 1.0 for Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1; and
- Sales Tax Office 3.5 for Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.
"With these enhanced software solutions, business professionals can spend less time dealing with sales tax compliance issues and more time serving customers," said Tom Stitt, CCH Director of Product Strategy. "Our Oracle-formatted sales tax rates help increase productivity by saving time on manual implementation within a company's existing Oracle software platform. The automated processes supported by Oracle E-Business Suite, combined with the latest tax data content and calculation offering from CCH, enable consistent workflows with adherence to updated sales tax compliance rules."
"The Oracle Validated Integration applies a rigorous technical review and test process," said Kevin O'Brien, Senior Director, ISV and SaaS Strategy, Oracle. "Achieving Oracle Validated Integration through Oracle PartnerNetwork gives our customers confidence that the integration between CCH and the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 has been validated and that the products work together as designed. This reduces risk and improves the implementation cycles for our joint customers."
The CorpSystem Sales Tax Rates Integrated Solution
The CorpSystem Sales Tax Rates file is designed for use with Oracle-provided import programs, improving accuracy while greatly reducing the risk of error. CorpSystem Sales Tax Rates also leverages the efficiencies of Oracle's E-Business Tax processing functions supporting Order Management (OM), and Accounts Receivable (A/R) transactions.
The benefits of the CorpSystem Sales Tax Rates for Oracle include:
- Completely automated processes – Eliminates the need for manual creation, research and update of tax regime, manual input of sales and use tax rates and manual update of files.
- Reduced implementation time – Virtually seamless tax table updates without modifying software code through the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 standard tax regime hierarchy.
- Integration with existing Oracle E-Business Suite – All tax data resides on in-house servers and integrates with the existing Oracle Financials E-Business Tax processing module without affecting workflow. In addition to sales and use tax rates provided by CCH, the data files include Geographical Data that is loaded into the Trading Community Architecture of Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Compliance – Files are updated monthly with the latest sales and use tax data and a running history of sales and use tax changes is maintained.
- Minimized Audit Exposure – By leveraging consistent updates of tax law changes, amendments and retroactive date implementations on the federal and state levels, organizations can lower the risk of incurring additional taxes, penalties or interest that may result from sales tax audits.
- Simple, one-time installation – Once the system is set up, a monthly download of CCH tax updates is all that is needed to accurately calculate sales and use taxes anywhere in the U.S.
CorpSystem Sales Tax Office Business Solutions
CorpSystem Sales Tax Office is a bolt-on tax calculation solution that supplies sophisticated logic capable of supporting the most complex sales and use tax sourcing and calculation rules. Shifting the tax calculation function from the Oracle E-Business Suite to Sales Tax Office provides:
- Effortless set-up – Configure the system to meet exact needs, with options for business entities, business rules, nexus rules, users and functional permissions.
- Rates and taxability – Keep tax rules up-to-date with trusted rate and taxability data from CCH, updated monthly with a simple download. Oracle item categories can be mapped to CCH product groups and item taxability rules, or mapped to customer products, which can include override tax rules, tax rates or custom exemptions.
- Nexus, jurisdiction and sourcing – Avoid collecting unnecessary taxes by accurately defining nexus and applying data driving sales tax sourcing rules, systematically determining which taxes must be collected, with advanced geocoding and spatial analysis.
- Flexible calculation – Increase the accuracy of sales tax calculations with the ability to precisely calculate taxes at the line-item level, use multiple ship-from and ship-to combinations in a single invoice, manage minimum and maximum tax rules, and handle complex tax calculation routines that can apply tiered taxes and fees.
- User-friendly interface – Increase productivity with easy-to-use features that let users drill down into the details of a transaction, create and maintain custom taxes and overrides, and originate tax-only credits.
- Simple Customer Exemption Management (CEM) module – Save time on handling exemptions and shift the customer exemption processing logic and management from the Oracle E-Business Suite to Sales Tax Office. This solution allows users to create a wide variety of customer exemptions (e.g., blanket, partial, single invoice) and can be used to apply taxable basis reductions. Exemptions can be built-in exemption reason classifications, customer ship-to or sold-to number, or users can create custom exemption classes (e.g., resale, manufacturing, wholesale).
- End-of-month compliance – Create virtually seamless, end-to-end automation with liability reports based on specified date ranges, audit reports for taxes and exemptions, and output files for delivery to compliance needs.
CCH is a Gold level member of the Oracle PartnerNetwork.
For More Information
To request more information about CCH CorpSystem Sales Tax Office for the Oracle E-Business Suite and CorpSystem Sales Tax Rates for Oracle, please click here or call 1-866-513-CORP (1-866-513-2677).
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity.
Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through certified Specializations which are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more, visit http://www.oracle.com/partners.
About Oracle Validated Integration
Oracle Validated Integration through the Oracle PartnerNetwork gives customers confidence that integrations between Oracle Applications (including Oracle Enterprise Manager) and complementary partner capabilities have been validated and the products work together as designed. This can help reduce risk, improve system implementation cycles, and provide for smoother upgrades and simpler maintenance. Oracle Validated Integration applies a rigorous technical process to review the integrations of third-party software to Oracle Applications products, including productized repeatable integrations from system integrators. Oracle provides access to Oracle Applications software, tools, technical resources and training to assist partners in developing integrations based on Oracle standards and best practices. Partners who have successfully validated their integrations are authorized to use the "Oracle Validated Integration" logo. For more information, please visit Oracle.com at http://www.oracle.com/us/partnerships/solutions/index.html.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
About CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business (CCHGroup.com) is the leading global provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals since 1913. Among its market-leading solutions are The ProSystem fx® Suite, CorpSystem®, CCH® IntelliConnect®, Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. CCH is based in Riverwoods, Ill. Wolters Kluwer (www.wolterskluwer.com) is a market-leading global information services company. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
SOURCE CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business