NEW YORK, June 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Annual TV Shootout™, originally created by Value Electronics, is being sponsored by CE Week at this year's 2017 show. The 2017 TV Shootout will take place on the show floor on Wednesday, July 12 and Thursday, July 13, 2017. Now in its 14th year, the Annual TV Shootout reaches a wide audience of media and influencers to educate the market about critical viewing, and help choose the best TV's.
This year's Shootout is hosted by Joel Silver, the Founder and President of the Imaging Science Foundation and Kevin Miller, President of ISFTV, Industry Consultant, and unquestionably one of the best calibrators in the business. The televisions featured in the Shootout will include flat 4K, OLED, Ultra HD, and HDR sets from all the top TV manufacturers. A final list of 4K TVs that will be included in the Shootout will be available once all the contestants are evaluated. The 4K TVs most likely to make the cut include:
- Sony XBR65Z9D LED Backlit LCD
- Sony KD-65A1 OLED
- LG 65C7P OLED
- Samsung QN65Q9F LED Backlit
- Vizio P65E1
"This year, we invited engineers and technical professionals who work every day on content creation with broadcast quality displays, as well as industry innovators, to evaluate how the premium TVs perform, and compete with each other,'' said Kevin Miller, President of ISFTV. " "With the growing popularity of Ultra HD and HDR (High Dynamic Range) video sources as well as the great advancements that have taken place in TV technology, this will be a great year for flat panel displays."
During the Annual TV Shootout™, there will be judging and awards in three categories: Studio Lighting/ Home Theater, HDR and Streaming Performance. The esteemed panel of judges includes professionals that represent a broad cross section of the content creation side of the business and is composed of:
- Lee Kline, Head of the Technical Team, The Criterion Collection
- Kevin Collins, Director of Mixed Reality Enablement, Microsoft
- Sam Runco, Former CEO of Runco International
- Brandon Yates, Partner, Yates & Parks Consulting
- Vincent Pagliaro, Digital Technician
At the 14th Annual TV Shootout,
- Joel Silver and Kevin Miller, along with professional ISF certified calibrators, will make up our team of expert calibrators to test and calibrate the panels and provide their findings and other key background information in individual presentations. Product specialists from the manufacturers have been invited to present their unique product advantages.
- Contrast ratio, peak brightness, black level, color accuracy, color saturation, color volume, colorimetry, resolution and motion artifacts will be measured, compared, and discussed.
- All tested panels will be concurrently fed through a professional HDMI distribution amp from 4K Blu-ray players, our 4K media server, 4K streaming, and USB as well as the latest 4K signal generator for test patterns.
- A Q&A session will be held at the end of each presentation.
All qualified media, tech influencers and members of the retail community are invited to attend the event and can register here: https://r1.events-registration.com/CEWeek2017/.
About CE Week
CE Week is the consumer electronics (CE) industry's official event in New York City. The official mid-year meeting, conference and new technology showcase includes the CE Week Exhibits, which is the site of CE Week's largest exhibition hall and conference program. CE Week is produced annually by the Consumer Technology Group of NAPCO Media, publisher of Dealerscope and Technology Integrator magazines, and producer of FutureVision and Dealerscope Top Retailer Summit. For more information, visit www.ceweekny.com and keep up with our latest news on Facebook and Twitter.
About Value Electronics and the Annual TV Shootout™
Value Electronics, founded in 1997 is a custom a/v integrator with a retail showroom in the Village of Scarsdale, NY. Owner, Robert Zohn created and began sponsoring the TV Shootout evaluation event in 2004. The TV Shootout evaluation event has gained the Consumer Electronics industry's respect and it has become a go-to source for video enthusiasts to help make the best TV purchase decision. The Annual TV ShootoutTM is a trademark of Value Electronics Inc.
Media Contact for CE Week:
social4media for CE Week
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ce-week-nyc-sponsors-the-14th-annual-tv-shootout-july-12-13-2017-300471192.html
SOURCE CE Week