15 Aug, 2017, 08:00 ET
PORTLAND, Ore., Aug. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Cedexis, the leader in crowd-optimized application and content delivery for clouds, CDNs and data centers, today announced the release of its connected Sonar service, which uses low-latency synthetic monitoring to eliminate costly and avoidable outages by ensuring consistent application delivery. Providing exceptional quality of experience (QoE) to application consumers by eliminating outages and slowdowns is at the heart of building a profitable and sustainable cloud-native service, but has proven to be an elusive goal.
Synthetic monitoring uses programmed requests of customer-designated endpoints to validate, on an ongoing basis, that those endpoints are available for use. Until now, the marketplace has offered only two substantial choices:
- Implement disconnected synthetic monitoring, which requires manual intervention when problems arise. The time from anomaly detection to resolution can range from minutes to hours, often resulting in prolonged outages and slowdowns.
- Implement cloud vendor-specific synthetic monitoring, which delivers automatic intervention when problems arise. The time from anomaly detection to resolution is measured in just minutes, but is generally restricted to re-routing within that vendor's cloud infrastructure, resulting in shorter, but still meaningful, outages and slowdowns.
With the release of Sonar, there is now a third, and more effective, option:
- Implement Sonar connected synthetic monitoring, which delivers an automatic intervention when problems arise. The time from anomaly detection to resolution is measured in just seconds, and traffic can be re-routed across and between substantially any infrastructure (from data center to hosting facility to cloud provider), resulting in the elimination of most outages and slowdowns entirely.
Sonar is able to reduce the MTTR (mean time to repair) - and thus prevent consumer-visible outages and slowdowns - automatically owing to two key characteristics:
- Sonar is connected to the broader Cedexis application delivery platform. As such, the data that is collected automatically flows into the Openmix global traffic manager, which is able to adjust its traffic routing decisions in just seconds.
- Sonar is configurable to run endpoint tests as frequently as every two seconds, providing up-to-date telemetry moving at the speed of the Internet. By contrast, cloud vendor-specific solutions often limit their testing frequency to 30 - 120 second intervals - far from sufficient to contend with rapidly-evolving global network conditions.
"Synthetic monitoring data, as a core input to traffic routing decisions, must be accurate, frequent, and rapidly integrated into algorithms," said Josh Gray, Chief Architect at Cedexis. "However, data is only as valuable as the actions that it can automatically activate. Updating traffic routing in just seconds is the key to making outages a thing of the past and ensuring unparalleled user experience."
The updated Sonar synthetic monitoring service enhances the industry-leading actionable intelligence that already powers the Openmix global traffic management engine. The Cedexis application delivery platform (ADP) uniquely uses three different sources of actionable data to ensure the smoothest internet traffic logistics:
- Radar: the world's largest community of instantaneous user experience data
- Fusion: the powerful 3rd party data ingestion tool that makes APM, Local Load Balancer, Cloud metrics, and any other dataset actionable in delivery logic
- Sonar: a massively scalable and architecture-agnostic synthetic testing tool that is immune to the latency issues of proprietary cloud tools
"No global traffic management platform can provide reliable, real-time traffic shaping decisions without access to accurate, actionable data," noted Ryan Windham, Cedexis CEO. "The evolution of Sonar to provide industry-leading latency levels confirms our commitment to delivering an end to avoidable outages."
To view a demo of Cedexis ADP, please click here. To find out more about Cedexis ADP solutions, please visit www.cedexis.com.
Cedexis provides web-scale, end-user-experience monitoring and real-time traffic routing across multiple clouds and networks. Cedexis Radar crowd sources billions of real user measurements (RUM) a day from a community of 1,000s of popular websites and mobile apps, with traffic routing services based on the insights this data provides, for the best performance, availability, or cost. Trusted by nearly 1,000 global brands including Microsoft, A&E, Accor Hotels, Airbus, Hudl, Comcast, LinkedIn, Mozilla, and Nissan. Cedexis is headquartered in Portland, Oregon with offices in Paris, France, San Francisco, CA, Brooklyn, NY and London, UK.
Press contact (USA-Canada):
Lumina Communications on behalf of Cedexis
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: (408) 680-0564
Share this article