NEW YORK, June 1, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
For the fifth straight year, Entenmann's Bakery is partnering with The Salvation Army to celebrate National Donut Day, Friday, June 5th. Join us for a fun-filled event at Madison Square Park with 40 THOUSAND FREE donuts and coffee for all, photo opportunities with Entenmann's first Donut Mobile, Mr. Rich Frosted and Mrs. Crumb Donut, and much more. Festivities include:
- 6:30-7:00 am: Revealing the first Entenmann's donut mobile the bakery has ever created. Entenmann's worked with Themendous.com, the "King of Huge," to make a donut mobile with the donut box as its chassis. Dimensions are 3 ft Long x 6 ft Wide x 30" High. The Entenmann's Donut Mobile was built on an actual car chassis and the donut, the iconic Rich Frosted Donut that sits atop the chassis, was hand sculpted from foam.
- 11:00 am: Press Conference: Presenting a $30,000 check to The Salvation Army as a result of Entenmann's Facebook campaign. Over the course of the partnership, $130,000 has been raised to benefit the lives served by The Salvation Army.
To recognize the holiday, originally founded by The Salvation Army in 1938, Entenmann's will be featuring a new Rich Frosted Sprinkled Patriotic Donut Eight Pack, and a "National Donut Day Free Donuts for a Year" Facebook sweepstakes, all to commemorate the military men and women serving, and who have served our country. The donut is a symbol of The Salvation Army's service to honor the "Donut Lassies" who gave out the round treats to soldiers during World War I. National Donut Day is held annually on the first Friday of June.
WHEN: Friday, June 5, 7:00 am to 1:00 pm: free donuts & coffee (while supplies last)
WHERE: Madison Square Park (Southwest corner), 23rd Street between Broadway & Madison Avenue
INTERVIEW & PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES:
- Major Betts, General Secretary,The Salvation Army's Greater NY Division
- Maureen Sticco, Director of Marketing, Entenmann's Bakery
- Lorraine Hale, Category Director for Entenmann's Donuts
- Kathleen Robbins, Entenmann's Master Baker
- Entenmann's First Donut Mobile along with its creator, Giovanni Calabrese, President of New Jersey-based Themendous.com
- The Salvation Army "Donut Lassies" handing out donuts in traditional uniforms, Mr. Rich Frosted and Mrs. Crumb Donut
SOURCE Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU)