KNOXVILLE, Tenn., Nov. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- This year we celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the ministry birthed by Larry and Judy Burkett in 1976. Since our humble beginnings in Dahlonega, Georgia, Crown Financial Ministries has been empowering faithful stewards and impacting lives in the USA and now to our current reach into 104 nations.
Larry Burkett, our late founder, pioneered the teaching of God's financial principles as a specialized focus of ministry. He passionately believed in teaching the importance of understanding the concepts of Lordship, Stewardship and Generosity. Fueled by his passion to advance the kingdom of God, Larry authored over 70 books, hosted a daily radio program and conducted training seminars which impacted more than 50 million lives before he went home to be with the Lord on July 4, 2003.
This fall, we gathered with volunteers and global leaders in beautiful Asheville, North Carolina to celebrate all God has done through Crown over the past four decades. We came together with members of our Crown family from five continents to thank God for His faithfulness to Crown and to express our gratitude for the milestones He has allowed us to reach.
Phil Drake, founder of Drake Software, was honored by our board of directors with our highest award, the Larry Burkett Servant Leadership Award for his unwavering support and sacrifice to advance our mission. Christian economist and Forbes contributor, Jerry Bowyer, shared biblical insights into our current economic and political standings. Crown CEO, Chuck Bentley, and President, Bob Dickie, shared updates on the reach and vitality of Crown's ministry today and the vision to grow and expand for the next 40 years of ministry. Ministry leaders from Focus on the Family, Campus Crusade for Christ, Dr. Tony Evans, the Southern Baptist Convention, Dave Ramsey, and many others contributed their sincere appreciation for the work of Crown.
There has never been a more exciting and fruitful time for Crown's outreach and the opportunity to partner with Crown.
Our ministry continues stronger than ever. We estimate that 4 million lives are touched every year through the more than 1,000 Christian radio stations carrying the daily My MoneyLife program — plus the 104 nations where Crown materials are being translated and used by faithful partners and volunteers.
As we embark on the next 40 years together, we are focused on these specific areas of ministry:
- To launch new online teaching content based on the needs of people who are seeking help to: Get well. Do well. Finish well.
- To empower more faithful stewards through our MoneyLife Indicator. This assessment identifies where personal beliefs and behaviors about money in 9 different areas don't align with the Bible. It also highlights areas of financial strength and provides an action plan on becoming a more faithful steward.
- To enable our services to be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week via the internet or mobile phones.
- To increase our focus on serving global leaders and partnering with leading ministries.
- To expand our coaching ministry and help more individuals one-on-one who are enslaved by poverty and financial bondage.
- To continue expanding our radio broadcast ministry across the United States.
Today, as we continue through our 40th year of ministry, we warmly invite you to be part of this life-changing mission. Please visit our website, Crown.org, to discover how God is transforming lives through friends like you and how you can join us in advancing His kingdom.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/celebrating-40-years-of-setting-people-free-300366000.html
SOURCE Crown Financial Ministries