Star-studded Event with Performance by Jesse McCartney
LOS ANGELES, June 8 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- L.A.'s most talked about family carnival and picnic goes on Safari, Sunday, June 13! Close to 100 celebrities will be on hand at the 21st annual A Time for Heroes Celebrity Picnic sponsored by Disney – a benefit for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. Each year, Hollywood's best-known celebrities volunteer their time as "heroes" working carnival-style game booths and activity areas to raise funds to fight pediatric AIDS around the world. In past years, guests have been treated to such one-of-a-kind moments as Tom Cruise in the dunk tank and Jack Nicholson reading in the storytelling area. In addition to interacting with their favorite celebrities, guests are treated to an array of culinary treats from some of Los Angeles' finest restaurants, including AKASHA, barbrix restaurant, Beacon: An Asian Cafe, Drago Ristorante, and the legendary Pink's Hot Dogs, among others.
The day will be topped off with a headline performance by multi-platinum recording artist, actor and songwriter Jesse McCartney!
Also to perform - The Rhythm Train with Chad Smith, Leslie Bixler featuring Dick Van Dyke!
CONFIRMED ATTENDEES*: Billy Crystal; T.R. Knight, Denise Richards; Ashlee Simpson Wentz; Pete Wentz and dozens of other celebrities from film, television, sports and fashion including:
*subject to change
Maria Canals Barrera
Melissa Joan Hart
Dick Van Dyke
Ashlee Simpson Wentz
A Time for Heroes is expected to raise approximately $1.5 million to help create a generation free of HIV. Pediatric AIDS has essentially been wiped off the face of the map in the United States, however more than
1,200 children still become infected with HIV each day around the world. The Foundation currently works at more than 4,800 sites in 17 countries to bring prevention, care and treatment of HIV/AIDS to children, women and families. Together we can eliminate pediatric AIDS worldwide.
- Meet and greet some of your favorite Disney friends at our Safari camp where you will enjoy the rhythms of Africa, decorate your very own drum and have your face painted in vibrant tribal colors
- Help change the world by creating special kits to send to mommies and babies in Africa and India
- Design and Color your own canvas night light with Oopsy daisy, Fine Art For Kids!
- Go wild: design-a-tee at the Michael Stars Spin Shop!
- Be an artist at the 77kids by American Eagle Denim Decorating booth
- At the Kodak Photo Sharing Tent, adventure-seekers will go on safari-themed photo shoot with their favorite celebrities!
- Enjoy Disney adventure stories read to you by your favorite celebrity heroes!
- Learn about how your support helps us on the ground in our programs around the world, and get your own special "Tunaweza" bracelet by Poor Cat Designs to show your support of our life-saving work!
WHEN: Sunday, June 13, 2010 from Noon to 4 p.m.
WHERE: Wadsworth Theater on the Veteran Administration Lawn, West Los Angeles
TICKETS: $1,000 Adults/$250 children.
SOURCE Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation