NEW YORK, Sept. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "Center pivot irrigation systems market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 14.9%"
The center pivot irrigation systems market, estimated at USD 941.0 million in 2015, is projected to grow at a CAGR of 14.9%, to reach USD 1,734.4 million by 2021. The market is primarily driven by factors such as increasing water scarcity in most of the regions of the world, increasing demand for food, conversion of unirrigated lands into mechanized irrigation, and improved crop production with the use of center pivot irrigation systems.
"Cereals segment led the market in crop type with the largest share in 2015"
On the basis of crop type, the center pivot irrigation systems market is led by the cereals segment, followed by oilseeds & pulses. Cereals are being grown with the use of center pivot irrigation since it enhances the yield. This enhanced yield is required to feed the growing population and meet the demand of the feed and biofuel industry. Owing to the demand for feed, food, and biofuels, the cereal crop segment is projected to grow at the fastest CAGR from 2016 to 2021.
"Large field segment led the market in field size with the largest share in 2015"
The demand for center pivot irrigation systems has been segmented on the basis of field size into small field (up to 3 hectares), medium field (3 hectares to 25 hectares), and large field (more than 25 hectares). Irrigating the cereals and pulses on a large field is more economic owing to high initial investment of the center pivot system.
"Stationary center pivot systems led the market with the largest share in 2015"
On the basis of mobility, the stationary center pivot irrigation system has a larger share than mobile center pivot systems. A mobile system is installed only where more than one section of land is to be irrigated with a single center pivot system, thus requiring the shifting of the system from one field to another.
"North America: The largest center pivot irrigation systems market"
North America is projected to be the largest market for the period considered for this study, due to shrinking and expensive labor pools and increasing water scarcity. The U.S. center pivot irrigation systems market not only dominates North America but also the global market. The Rest of World (RoW) region which includes Africa and the Middle East is projected to grow at the highest CAGR. The increase in corporate farming in the African region is becoming a boon for the center pivot industry.
Break-up of Primaries:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 55 %, Tier 2 – 15%, Tier 3 – 30%
- By Designation: C level – 24%, Director level – 23%, Others – 53%
- By Region: North America – 31%, Europe – 26%, Asia-Pacific – 13%, South America – 22%, RoW – 8%
Leading players profiled in this report:
- Lindsay Corporation (U.S.)
- Valmont Industries, Incorporated. (U.S.)
- T-L Irrigation Company (U.S.)
- Alkhorayef group (Saudi Arabia)
- Reinke Manufacturing Company, Incorporated (U.S.)
- Vodar (Tianjin) Company, Limited (China)
- Pierce Corporation (U.S.)
- Rainfine (Dalian) Irrigation Company, Limited (China)
- Bauer GmbH, Roehren-und-Pumpenwork (Austria)
- Grupo Fockink (Brazil)
Objectives of the report
- To define, segment, and project the global market size for center pivot irrigation systems on the basis of crop type, field size, components, mobility, and region
- To provide detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges)
- To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and provide a competitive landscape of market trends
- To strategically analyze micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market
- To project the size of the center pivot irrigation systems market and its submarkets, in terms of value
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their core competencies
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, acquisitions, agreements, and new product launches in the center pivot irrigation systems market
- To provide a detailed competitive landscape of this market, along with an analysis of the business and corporate strategies adopted by key players
This report is targeted at the existing players in the industry, which include
- Agricultural producers
- Distributors of center pivot irrigation systems
- Manufacturers of center pivot irrigation systems
- Government organization and agencies
Scope of the Report
On the basis of field size, the center pivot irrigation systems market is segmented as follows:
- Small field (up to 3 hectares)
- Medium field (3 hectares to 25 hectares)
- Large field (more than 25 hectares)
On the basis of crop type, the center pivot irrigation systems market is segmented as follows:
- Oilseeds and pulses
On the basis of mobility, the center pivot irrigation systems market is segmented as follows:
On the basis of components, the center pivot irrigation systems market is segmented as follows:
- Pivot points
- Control panels
- Sprinkler drop
- Tower drive wheels
- Drive train
On the basis of region, the center pivot irrigation systems market is segmented as follows:
- North America
- South America
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04141083-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/center-pivot-irrigation-systems-market-to-2021-cereals-segment-led-the-market-in-crop-type-300329148.html