SUNNYVALE, Calif., Oct. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Centrify Corporation, the leader in securing and auditing access to cross-platform systems and applications through Active Directory, today announced record revenue and profits for the first quarter of its 2011 fiscal year. For the period ending September 30, Centrify grew sales over 65% quarter over quarter after announcing a record fiscal year ending June 30, 2010. The company's continued success is driven by significant growth worldwide as over 2500 customers continue to embrace Centrify solutions for their data center. In addition, during this past quarter the company released new, free versions of its market leading DirectControl and DirectManage software, established sales and service partnerships with industry leaders, and launched new cloud security initiatives.
"We are delighted to have successive quarters of record revenue and profit," said Tom Kemp, CEO of Centrify. "Customers are validating our strategy as they expand their Centrify footprint by both increasing the number of servers that utilize Centrify to address their security and compliance needs while also layering on more Centrify add-on solutions. We're eager to invest this profit in continuing our technology leadership to meet the needs of our enterprise customers."
The record revenue and profit—where Centrify also accounted for a record number of sales transactions—coincides with the appointment of industry veteran Gary Taggart to the management team. Mr. Taggart brings over 25 years of senior level sales experience to his new position where he will lead all of Centrify's direct and channel sales efforts and its professional services team.
Past quarter highlights for Centrify include:
- Record quarterly revenue, profit and transactions, including closing the largest transaction in the company's history
- Continued record customer adoption with over 2500 customers, including travel industry leader Amadeus who has deployed Centrify to thousands of UNIX and Linux servers to address PCI Compliance
- Established key channel partnerships with FishNet Security, a leading North American security value added reseller, and immixGroup, a leading U.S. Federal Government reseller
- Expanded its technology partnership with Microsoft by signing a technology and patent licensing agreement that enables Centrify to build additional cloud security solutions
- Delivered enhancements to the Centrify Suite that automate Cloud Security for enterprise private and public clouds and support for VMware vCloud Director, as well as delivered industry leading support for over 250+ flavors of UNIX, Linux and Mac
- Delivered Centrify Express for Linux, Mac and UNIX, a new set of free software applications and tools, content resources and community forums designed to help organizations better integrate non-Microsoft systems with Active Directory. Centrify Express is a subset of the capabilities provided by the Centrify Suite that layers on additional capabilities such as Group Policy, role-based access control as an industrial strength replacement of sudo, privileged identity management, user-level auditing, server isolation and encryption of data-in-motion. Centrify Express has received overwhelming acceptance and has had thousands of download registrations in the first few months of its release.
- Centrify Suite Tested by SC Magazine and awarded a 5 Star rating – the highest rating possible
"We are quite pleased with our overall results and our momentum in the market," added Kemp.
Centrify is the leader in securing and auditing access to cross-platform systems and applications through Active Directory. From the data center and into the cloud, Centrify's identity consolidation and privilege management solutions are used by over 2500 organizations to reduce IT expenses, strengthen security and meet compliance requirements. For more information about Centrify and its solutions, call +1 (408) 542-7500 or visit www.centrify.com
Centrify and DirectControl are registered trademarks and Centrify Suite, DirectAudit, DirectSecure and DirectAuthorize are trademarks of Centrify Corporation. Other names used in this document are trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE Centrify Corporation