DENVER, March 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- CH2M, a global engineering and consulting firm that leads in the delivery of sustainable development solutions for infrastructure and industry, has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as a 2017 World's Most Ethical Company®.
CH2M is one of only two companies in the Engineering and Design Services industry that has been named nine consecutive times to this list of global companies recognized for their commitment to ethics.
The Ethisphere Institute, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, has spent 11 years helping to define and advance ethical business practice standards. Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies program honors companies that excel in three areas: 1) Promoting ethical business standards and practices internally; 2) Enabling managers and employees to make good choices; and 3) Shaping future standards today by pioneering innovative best practices.
"This recognition reflects our commitment to driving performance through leading business practices, governance systems, disciplines and the daily dedication of our employees to doing the right thing," said CH2M Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Jacqueline Hinman. "Around the world, CH2Mers seek to deliver smart, socially and sustainably inclusive solutions that improve lives and the condition of our planet, allowing us to serve our clients and our communities with distinction."
To determine the World's Most Ethical Companies, the Ethisphere Institute uses the Ethics Quotient® framework to assess an organization's performance in an objective, consistent and standardized way. Companies are scored in five key categories: ethics and compliance program, corporate citizenship and responsibility, culture of ethics, governance, leadership, innovation and reputation.
The full list of the 2017 World's Most Ethical Companies is available from Ethisphere.
"The award emphasizes CH2M's commitment not only to leading ethical business practices that benefit clients and employees, but also for bringing innovative approaches and sustainable solutions, and providing greater social, environmental and economic benefits to our planet and communities worldwide," said CH2M Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer William Brierly.
In the past year, CH2M achieved the following in service to clients and communities around the world:
- CH2M became the first non-industrial, professional services company to receive the World Environment Center Gold Medal Award in recognition of advancing sustainable performance with our clients.
- Implemented sustainable management practices in 200 municipal water facilities we manage for clients:
- Eliminated more than 350 tons of carbon dioxide emissions, reduced energy consumption by 20 million kilowatt-hours and saved 27,000 gallons of fuel.
- Recycled 22 billion gallons of wastewater and beneficially reused 4,000 tons of effluent.
- Salvaged 975 tons of recyclable material, 1,500 gallons of used oil and 1,700 units of universal waste.
- Pioneered hundreds of projects harnessing nature-based defenses to bolster infrastructure, one of which earned the American Council of Engineering Companies Diamond Award.
- In the UK, delivered the Thames Water Lee Tunnel to treat 16 million tons of wastewater per year, cutting waste by 40%, receiving the 2016 Global Project of the Year and Greatest Contribution to London. Also increased public transit capacity to accommodate 1.5 million more passengers in central London.
- Integrated digital technologies and smart design into major infrastructure developments for more than a dozen digitally advanced cities and commercial districts.
- Improved environmental, health and safety performance at clients' industrial facilities and project sites worldwide, for which CH2M earned the 2016 Enablon Outstanding Partner of the Year award.
- Delivered vital resiliency improvements in New York City; Miami and Pensacola Bay, Florida; Southern California's Santa Clara Valley; Mobile Bay, Alabama; and Longmont, Colorado.
- Received the Watermark Award for sustainability from Singapore's national water agency.
Engagement, diversity and inclusion:
- Contributed over $1 million from the CH2M Foundation to our strategic partners in STEM education and sustainable communities.
- Built two bridges in Rwanda and Nicaragua through Bridges to Prosperity, providing safe passage across dangerous rivers for families to access healthcare and economic opportunities.
- Honored as a 2020 Women on Boards Winning Company, with women constituting 29% of CH2M's Board of Directors.
Interested in pursuing a career with CH2M? We're hiring! Explore our available opportunities.
CH2M leads the professional services industry delivering sustainable solutions benefiting societal, environmental and economic outcomes with the development of infrastructure and industry. In this way, CH2Mers make a positive difference providing consulting, design, engineering and management services for clients in water; environment and nuclear; transportation; energy and industrial markets, from iconic infrastructure to global programs like the Olympic Games. Ranked among the World's Most Ethical Companies and top firms in environmental consulting and program management, CH2M in 2016 became the first professional services firm honored with the World Environment Center Gold Medal Award for efforts advancing sustainable development. Connect with CH2M at www.ch2m.com; LinkedIn; Twitter; and Facebook.
About the Ethisphere Institute
The Ethisphere® Institute is the global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices that fuel corporate character, marketplace trust and business success. Ethisphere has deep expertise in measuring and defining core ethics standards using data-driven insights that help companies enhance corporate character. Ethisphere honors superior achievement through its World's Most Ethical Companies recognition program, provides a community of industry experts with the Business Ethics Leadership Alliance (BELA) and showcases trends and best practices in ethics with the publication of Ethisphere Magazine. More information about Ethisphere can be found at: http://ethisphere.com.
CH2M, Corporate Marketing and Communications
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ch2m-named-a-2017-worlds-most-ethical-company-for-9-years-running-300422894.html