Jun 23, 2015, 02:28 ET
COLUMBUS, Ga., June 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- This Fourth of July and all summer long, Char-Broil is making cookout memories across America with the best equipment and some tried-and-true safety tips. More than 65 years ago, Char-Broil invented the first charcoal grill. In the years since, the company has introduced innovations that are now standard among modern grills, always striving to make cookouts more enjoyable for the millions who barbecue each week. The latest breakthrough is Char-Broil's new Kettleman charcoal grill, an updated and improved kettle-style grill that is more efficient and easier to use.
While the shape may be familiar, the Kettleman is no ordinary charcoal kettle. It is loaded with features that give backyard enthusiasts better control: a large damper on the lid and vents around the body for heat management, a no-fall-through cooking grate that keeps flare-ups away, a slide-in ash tray for easy clean-up. The Kettleman was also built with features like wide stance legs and a latching, hinged lid for a safer grilling experience. It's grill time across America and Char-Broil has tips for working with an open flame to ensure a full summer of fun, safe grilling:
- Keep outdoor grills outdoors: Never cook in garages, trailers or enclosed areas to avoid accumulation of harmful gasses. Grill in well ventilated areas, at least three feet from walls or overheads.
- Keep it Clean: Cleaning grease and debris off the grates and burners helps prevent flare-ups.
- Stay with a lit grill: If the grill is on and burning, don't move it or leave it unattended, especially around pets or children.
- Get a Handle: Use long-handled spatulas and tools to avoid burns and splatters.
- Read Your Manual: Follow its recommendations for assembly, usage, and safety procedures.
- Go Lean: Trim excess fat from meat prior to grilling to avoid grease fires. Don't forget to clean grease trays.
Char-Broil Kettleman™ Grill $129. Available at Lowe's and other retailers.
Based in Columbus, GA, Char-Broil, LLC (www.charbroil.com) is one of the world's oldest and most respected outdoor cooking companies. Since 1948, more Americans have chosen Char-Broil® gas grills than any other brand. The company manufactures a complete line of gas, charcoal and electric grills, as well as smokers, fryers, and grilling accessories. In addition to Char-Broil®, the company manufactures and manages the Oklahoma Joe's®, Dancook® and SABER® brands.
www.charbroil.com | facebook.com/charbroil | youtube.com/user/charbroil | twitter.com/charbroil
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150623/225081
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150623/225082LOGO
Share this article