NEW YORK, Dec. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Seasoned airline JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU) shares its top tips, learned in its first decade, to navigating the holidays without the stress of getting from point A to point B, allowing customers to enjoy their travel experience as much as the company of family and friends.
To start the travel experience off on the right foot, travel through Terminal 5 (T5), JetBlue's home at New York's John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). T5 offers a spacious check-in lobby with dozens of self-service kiosks, the largest single security checkpoint in America, huge gate areas with a higher-than-average amount of seating and electrical outlets to recharge, a wide variety of last-minute shopping and dining outlets, and free Wi-Fi service. It's another way we're bringing humanity back to air travel.
- Spread the Holiday Cheer: Are you traveling home for the holidays? JetBlue is committed to our home and dedicated to offering the best value and service in air travel today. Today, as New York's hometown airline, look for a video montage on our BlueTales blog of our crewmembers and some of their favorite places to be during the holidays. JetBlue will also invite customers to submit a video about their favorite hometown locales at http://blog.hellojetblue.com/blog/?p=12524. Help us spread the holiday cheer!
- Avoid the lines: Be sure to check the status of your flight online before heading to the airport. If possible, check-in and print your boarding pass at home, too, so you can skip airport lines, drop your bags at the counter and head straight to security. On JetBlue.com, you can manage your entire travel experience, including: viewing weather advisories, changing or canceling a flight, retrieving a boarding pass and checking-in for a flight 24 hours in advance, as well as tracking real-time flight information for family and friends. Customers can also access mobile.jetblue.com from any web-enabled cell phone or PDA while on the road for real-time flight status.
- Keep Your Holiday Package Under Wraps: JetBlue customers benefit from the convenience of checking one bag free (a), enjoying a hands-free travel experience and avoiding the hassle of unwrapping holiday gifts at the security checkpoint. If you choose to carry-on, remember to keep those presents exposed until your final destination. All liquids and gels (including snow globes and other gifts) must comply with the Transportation Security Administration's 3-1-1 guidelines: containers must be 3.4 ounces or less, must all fit in one quart-sized clear plastic zip-top bag, and with only one bag permitted per customer. Placing all liquids in your checked luggage will make for a quicker security screening process. More information is available at http://www.jetblue.com/help/311.html?intcmp=tsa311.
- Eat, Drink and Be Merry: Drink lots of water to stay hydrated while flying. A feast of free snacks and drinks are always available on JetBlue, including the whole can of soda and holiday favorites including Iced Animal Crackers and Linden's Butter Crunch cookies, available for a limited time. For heartier snack options, on flights longer than three hours JetBlue also offers a great variety of Eat Up! snack boxes for a small fee. For full meal options, JetBlue's airports offer a great variety of meals you can purchase in advance to bring onboard.
- S t r e t c h and Get Comfortable – For longer haul flights, it's important to dress comfortably and settle into your own personal space. Consider good walking shoes and loose fitting clothing. While flying JetBlue, breathe deep, strike a yoga pose, and find your chi while you enjoy the most legroom of any other airline in coach (b). For space to perform Rockette-style leg kicks, customers can select our Even More Legroom seats for optimal performance.
- Peace of Mind – Head online and select your comfy leather seat in advance under the Manage Your Flight section of JetBlue.com. Musical chairs can be fun, but only if you're the one who gets to choose the seat! Beyond assigned seating, as a company policy JetBlue doesn't overbook, so customers have peace of mind that if they book a seat, they won't get bumped!
- Seasons Greetings: Smiling is contagious. That's why whatever the season, JetBlue customers will be greeted with friendly, award-winning service from our more than 13,000 crewmembers. It's the time and dedication our crewmembers give to each other and to every customer that make our company a leader in service. We know we are only as good as our last flight, and we look forward to earning this recognition again by serving every customer as a member of our family.
- Holiday Entertainment: Don't forget to bring books, magazines, games, or a good conversationalist with you for entertainment while you travel. But if you're traveling JetBlue, we've got you covered with personal seatback TVs and your own remote control, offering 36 channels of free, live satellite programming and more than 100 channels of XM Satellite radio (c). We also offer a selection of first-run movies at a small price. If you're traveling with 'the other guys,' be sure to charge your essential batteries the night before so you don't run out of juice! That three-hour flight could be really boring without your free, personal live TV. Sad. :(
Getaways, Gift Cards, ShopBlue, movies
In its second decade, JetBlue aims to be Americas' Favorite Airline by delivering superior customer service, the award-winning JetBlue Experience and the best domestic coach product in the skies.
About JetBlue Airways
New York-based JetBlue Airways has created a new airline category based on value, service and style. In 2010, the carrier ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Low-Cost Carriers in North America" by J.D. Power and Associates, a customer satisfaction recognition received for the sixth year in a row. Known for its award-winning service and free TV as much as its low fares, JetBlue offers the most legroom in coach of any U.S. airline (based on average fleet-wide seat pitch) and super-spacious Even More Legroom seats. JetBlue is also America's first and only airline to offer its own Customer Bill of Rights, with meaningful and specific compensation for customers inconvenienced by service disruptions within JetBlue's control. Visit www.jetblue.com/promise for details. JetBlue serves 63 cities with 600 daily flights. The airline intends to serve Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands in February 2011, subject to receipt of government operating authority. The airline also intends to serve Anchorage, Alaska in May 2011. With JetBlue, all seats are assigned, all fares are one-way, and an overnight stay is never required. For information or reservations call 1-800-JET-BLUE (1-800-538-2583), TTY/TDD 1-800-336-5530 or visit www.jetblue.com.
(a)Baggage size and weight limits apply
(b) JetBlue offers the most legroom in coach, based on average fleet-wide seat pitch for U.S. airlines.
(c) Live satellite TV and radio programming is not available on flights outside the continental U.S.
SOURCE JetBlue Airways