DFW AIRPORT, Texas, Nov. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In preparation for Dallas / Fort Worth International Airport's busiest holiday season ever, with more than 2.25 million passengers expected between November 20 and December 2, the Airport's message to travelers this holiday season is "Cheer Starts Here!" The expected number of travelers at DFW is 1.4% above last year's Thanksgiving travel period.
The cheer will be obvious in each of the Airport's five terminals, with giant walk-in snow globes to serve as creative and unique settings for family photos. The Airport will also have luggage porters to assist customers in the parking garages, and complimentary coffee vouchers to DFW Airport Valet parking customers and DART passengers.
"Millions of customers will be traveling through DFW Airport this holiday season, and it is our mission to make the journey as easy and cheerful as possible," said Sean Donohue, chief executive officer at DFW Airport. "Recently, we've opened a total of 44 newly renovated gates throughout Terminals A, B and E in time for the holidays, and our goal is to continue to provide world-class customer service and an exceptional travel experience."
DFW Airport features world-class shopping and dining. Customers can shop in small, boutique shops or brand name outlets or Duty Free stores. If you need a quick bite or want to sit and savor a meal, choose from 150 restaurants with a variety of cuisines.
To ensure a relaxing and cheerful experience, DFW has some tips on ways to improve your trip through the Airport this holiday season:
- Before heading to DFW Airport, download the new-and-improved DFW Airport Mobile App Version 2.0, which includes a host of added new conveniences, such as voice concierge, integrated social media capabilities, a restaurant / shop finder, customizable weather information and more. Customers can also find helpful and updated travel tips online at www.DFWAirport.com/Travel.
- Leave early and arrive at DFW two hours before your departure time, to ensure ample time to park, check-in, clear security, and arrive at your departure gate. This will enable a stress-free travel experience and allow time to explore the shopping, dining and services at DFW.
- DFW Airport Parking is closer, faster and smarter for passengers originating from the Dallas / Fort Worth area. With Valet, Terminal, Express and Remote Parking options available, DFW has a choice for every traveler. Learn more at www.DFWAirport.com/Parking.
- Passengers can speed the security process by joining trusted traveler programs such as TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry, available from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, respectively. To enroll, visit www.TSA.gov or www.CBP.gov.
- Pack smart and remember 3-1-1. Security rules require that liquids in carry-on bags should be in containers of no more than three ounces, packaged in a one-quart bag, with no more than one bag allowed per person.
Once arriving at DFW, customers can also enjoy best-in-class amenities such as free WiFi and power charging stations, a walking path for exercise (Terminal D), an art program (Terminal D and Skylink stations), and child play areas (A13, B12, C14, D33). For relaxation, customers can head to Minute Suites for a nap (D23), get a massage at XpresSpa (D20, D24) or visit the free DFW Yoga Studio (D40).
"Our goal is to make the customer experience as enjoyable and efficient as possible, which is certainly a priority during the holiday travel season," said Ken Buchanan, executive vice president of revenue management at DFW Airport. "We believe these new amenities and holiday offerings will be a real treat for travelers, and will make our Airport attractive for everyone from families with children to business travelers who need to make the most of their airport time."
New this year, customers will discover freshly unveiled phases of DFW's terminal renovations in Terminal A (Gates A19-A23), Terminal B (Gates B24-B49) and Terminal E (Gates E17-E38), which include new concessions outlets. These include renewed and enhanced infrastructure and facilities, modernized terminals, state-of-the-art parking garages, new self-service technologies, renovated interior spaces, expanded security checkpoints, and more efficient, reconfigured ticket counters, all of which are part of the Airport's Terminal Renewal and Improvement Project (TRIP).
About Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport
Celebrating its 40th Anniversary in 2014, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is the world's third busiest, hosting 1,850 flights a day and serving more than 62 million customers a year. Located halfway between the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, DFW Airport provides nonstop service to 148 domestic and 55 international destinations. A major economic driver for the Dallas/Fort Worth region, DFW Airport generates over $31 billion in economic impact each year. For the latest news, real-time flight information, parking availability, or further details regarding the many services provided at DFW International Airport, visit www.DFWAirport.com or download the Official DFW Airport Mobile App for Apple iOS, Android or Blackberry devices.
(re)defining DFW International Airport
DFW International Airport's $2.69 billion Terminal Renewal and Improvement Program (TRIP) is (re)defining first class for this global gateway. For the latest details regarding TRIP, log on to www.dfwairport.com/redefine.
SOURCE DFW International Airport