BOSTON, April 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- This past weekend, Chef Nemo Bolin of Cook & Brown Public House earned "Best in Show" at the annual Boston Lamb Jam competition, besting 20 other top chefs from the region. Sponsored by the American Lamb Board, the event drew more than 500 hungry fans to the Royal Sonesta Hotel for an American lamb cook-off.
A panel of judges taste-tested more than 20 American lamb dishes across five categories and pronounced the following chefs winners in their categories:
- Best in Show/Best in Ground: Chef Nemo Bolin, Cook & Brown Public House – Merguez Scotch Egg with Herb Yogurt
- People's Choice: Chef Jim Solomon, The Fireplace – Pomegranate Glazed Lamb Shanks with Arugula Pesto and Toasted Walnut Porridge
- Best in Leg (a tie): Chef Graham Botto, Back Bay Grill – Grilled Leg of Lamb on Pretzel Bread with Parsley, Fava Beans and Bone Marrow Salad of Back Bay Grill
- Chef Brian Reyelt, Citizen Public House & Oyster Bar – Lamb Leg "McNuggets" with Lamb Fat Ranch
- Best in Shank: Chef Daniel Bojorquez, La Brasa – Lamb Shank Pozole
- Best Shoulder: Chef Beau Vestal, New Rivers – Lamb Merguez Hotdog and Sweet Hawaiian Roll
Winning Lamb Jam Chefs will Head to Sunset Savor the Central Coast in September 2014
Chef Bolin, along with Lamb Jam winners from Seattle, Washington D.C. and San Francisco will convene in fall 2014 to compete for the title of "Master" at the American Lamb Jam in San Luis Obispo County.
For more information about the American Lamb Board and to view photos of winning recipes from the Boston Lamb Jam, please like the American Lamb Board on Facebook or follow @FANofLAMB on Twitter and Instagram.
About the American Lamb Board
The American Lamb Board is an industry-funded research and promotions commodity board that represents all sectors of the American Lamb industry including producers, feeders, seed stock producers and processors. The Board, appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture, is focused on increasing demand by promoting the freshness, flavor, nutritional benefits, and culinary versatility of American Lamb. The work of the American Lamb Board is overseen by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the board's programs are supported and implemented by the staff in Denver, Colo.
SOURCE American Lamb Board