DETROIT, Sept. 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- General Motors Co. has mobilized all of its vehicle brands, as well as OnStar, GM Financial and its Customer Care and Aftersales team to help customers impacted by Hurricane Florence recover as quickly as possible.
- OnStar is providing complimentary Crisis Assist to customers with properly equipped vehicles in affected areas, which can include emergency services, routing assistance, survival resource information, Hands-Free Calling minutes and 4G LTE Wi-Fi data through AT&T.
- GM Financial is assisting impacted customers with payment arrangements and waiving most related fees. Eligible customers who are replacing a vehicle may qualify for a 90-day deferred first payment.
- GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco will expedite service parts to the region to help speed vehicle repairs.
- New and used vehicle inventory will be sent to the region to help meet expected replacement demand, including demand for pre-owned vehicles, courtesy transportation and insurance rentals.
- Customers replacing storm-damaged vehicles in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Georgia are eligible for $1,000 in purchase assistance for nearly all 2018 and 2019 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles, on top of other eligible incentives, including special discounts for military families and first responders. Lease customers are eligible for a $500 lease allowance, in addition to other eligible incentives.
"The entire GM family of brands and services has come together to aid those experiencing the devastation caused by Hurricane Florence – this is personal for us as many of our families, friends, dealer partners and employees are among those directly impacted," said Alan Batey, president of GM North America.
OnStar Emergency Services
OnStar is providing complimentary Crisis Assist services for properly equipped 2006 model year and newer Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles in affected areas, even if customers do not have an active OnStar account. By pushing the blue OnStar button and asking for an advisor, vehicle owners can be routed to specially-trained advisors who can help provide access to emergency and guidance services, personal calling and 4G LTE Wi-Fi data through AT&T.
New Vehicle Purchase and Lease Assistance
Residents of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Georgia must present an insurance claim form indicating their vehicle was damaged as a result of Hurricane Florence. The offer begins today and is in effect until the end of October. It excludes select base trim levels and is not available with some other offers. See dealer for details.
General Motors is a global company committed to delivering safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. General Motors, its subsidiaries and its joint venture entities sell vehicles under the Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Holden, Baojun, Wuling and Jiefang brands. More information on the company and its subsidiaries, including OnStar, a global leader in vehicle safety and security services, and Maven, its personal mobility brand, can be found at http://www.gm.com.
SOURCE General Motors