CHICAGO, Feb. 28, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Power Rogers & Smith, L.L.P. is comprised of trial attorneys who've been instrumental in cultivating the practice's reputation as one of the most successful personal injury law firms in Chicago, and who have helped the firm recover more than $4 billion in compensation for its clients. Their successes and record-setting results are continually recognized by some of the nation's leading legal publications and professional rating services, including Lawdragon's eponymous 500 Leading Lawyers guide.
Established in 2005, Lawdragon has become a national leader in the legal field, recognizing some of the top legal minds in an array of practice areas throughout the country with specialty guides and its highly anticipated Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers in America list, and is considered one of the most elite distinctions in the profession. Lawyers are selected based on peer nominations, law firm submissions, and a rigorous review and editorial research process.
This year, six attorneys from Power Rogers & Smith, L.L.P. were named to the prestigious 2019 Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers in America:
- Joseph A. Power Jr. – Joseph Power is continually recognized among the best personal injury lawyers in the country, and has previously been inducted into the Lawdragon 500 Hall of Fame. Since becoming the youngest trial lawyer in the country to obtain a jury verdict exceeding $1 million dollars, Mr. Power has gone on to secure more than 200 settlements and verdicts in excess of $1 million for his clients, including the largest jury verdict in Illinois history, and other record-setting results involving medical malpractice, trucking accidents, and serious injuries.
- Larry R. Rogers Jr. – Mr. Rogers, Jr. is has earned a reputation for his tireless efforts fighting for victims of civil rights abuses, police misconduct, medical malpractice, and preventable injuries. Over his 23+ years in practice, Mr. Rogers, Jr. has obtained a number of million and multi-million results in an array of claims for his clients and has become known for his implacable approach to difficult and high profile cases, including several national cases involving officer-involved shootings and wrongful death.
- Todd A. Smith –Todd A. Smith is an Illinois native who has secured some of the largest jury verdicts and settlements in the state in cases of medical malpractice, defective products, serious personal injury, aviation, and wrongful death. Over the course of his career, Mr. Smith has earned widespread respect throughout the local and legal communities. He is a recipient of the American Association for Justice's Lifetime Achievement Award (2009), Chicago Lawyer Magazine's Person of the Year award (1998), and numerous other honors and accolades.
- Thomas M. Power – Tom Power is a former Public Defender who handled more than 300 trials during his 7-year tenure with the Cook County Public Defender Murder Task Force. Since becoming Partner of Power Rogers & Smith, L.L.P. , he has leveraged his tremendous trial experience to secure millions of dollars in compensation for victims and families in cases involving automobile negligence, product liability, wrongful death, and medical malpractice, including a $13 million medical negligence verdict for a child who suffered brain damage after the treating physician failed to test for tuberculosis.
- Thomas G. Siracusa – Mr. Siracusa is a highly experienced litigator who focuses his practice on personal injury and wrongful death claims involving medical negligence, product liability, and auto and trucking collisions. A frequent author and speaker on trial practice, Mr. Siracusa has secured a number of record-setting results for victims and families. That includes a $23M settlement for a mother who suffered brain damage during labor (the largest settlement in Illinois for maternal birth injury), $19.25M for a child injured due to a medication error, and $15M for the family of a women who died from excessive radiation administered during surgery.
- Carolyn Daley Scott – Carolyn Daley Scott represents clients in a range of civil claims, including personal injury and wrongful death cases related to auto negligence, product and premises liability, medical malpractice, and defamation, as well as qui tam / whistleblower claims for fraud committed against the government. In addition to fighting on behalf of clients, Ms. Daley Scott is an active member of various local, state, and national professional organizations, and serves as the Chicago Region Chair for the Georgetown Scholarship Program.
Power Rogers Smith, L.L.P. is consistently regarded as Chicago's top personal injury firm. Since its founding, the firm's award-winning trial lawyers have recovered more than $4 billion in verdicts and settlements for clients, and since 2000, have recovered $800 million more in compensation than its closest competitor, according to the Chicago Lawyer Annual Settlement Survey. The firm has gained particular notoriety for noteworthy and record-setting results in plaintiff injury cases involving birth injury, medical malpractice, trucking accidents, aviation accidents, product liability, and wrongful death.
The firm's entire legal team is driven to help clients obtain the justice they deserve, while also ensuring corporations and companies are compelled to protect the public, uphold their legal obligations, and do the right thing. More information about the firm can be found at: www.prslaw.com.
SOURCE Power Rogers & Smith, L.L.P.