WASHINGTON, Sept. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- LUNGevity Foundation, the nation's leading lung cancer-focused organization, is pleased to announce the addition of Peitao (Patrick) Chen to its Board of Directors. Chen, the CEO of JD Capital USA, joins a board composed of global leaders offering their support in furthering LUNGevity's mission of improving outcomes for people living with lung cancer through research, education, and support.
After losing his mother to lung cancer, Chen is determined to help improve outcomes for people diagnosed with lung cancer. JD Capital is China's largest private equity firm, and one of Chen's goals is to introduce LUNGevity to the Chinese market. Chen was formerly a senior executive at Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC), overseeing the bank's global M&A activities. He has also worked for Shanghai International Securities, co-heading its international division. Chen has master's degrees from Indiana University and the Graduate School of People's Bank of China.
"We are honored that Patrick has agreed to serve on our board," said Andrea Stern Ferris, President and Chairman of LUNGevity Foundation. "His exceptional record of corporate leadership on an international scale will bring a valuable perspective to the Foundation and will enable us to increase LUNGevity's impact on behalf of the global lung cancer community."
For more information about LUNGevity Foundation, please visit www.LUNGevity.org.
About Lung Cancer in the U.S.
- About 1 in 15 Americans will be diagnosed with lung cancer in their lifetime
- More than 224,000 people in the U.S. will be diagnosed with lung cancer this year
- About 60%-65% of all new lung cancer diagnoses are among people who have never smoked or are former smokers
- Lung cancer takes more lives than the next four deadliest cancers (colorectal, pancreatic, breast, and prostate) combined
- Only 18% of all people diagnosed with lung cancer will survive 5 years or more, BUT if it's caught before it spreads, the chance for 5-year survival improves dramatically
About LUNGevity Foundation
LUNGevity Foundation is firmly committed to making an immediate impact on increasing quality of life and survivorship of people with lung cancer by accelerating research into early detection and more effective treatments, as well as by providing community, support, and education for all those affected by the disease. Our vision is a world where no one dies of lung cancer. For more information about LUNGevity Foundation, please visit www.LUNGevity.org.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chief-executive-officer-of-jd-capital-peitao-patrick-chen-joins-lungevity-foundation-board-of-directors-300329690.html
SOURCE LUNGevity Foundation