The Chinese smart home market was valued at just over US$ 7 Billion in 2018 and is likely to fivefold by the year 2025
Smart home is a system that allows home owner to control and monitor different devices in home including the heating, lighting, security, and entertainment, automatically and sometimes remotely via the Internet. In China, household penetration for smart home applications is estimated at around 5% in 2018.
The growth of smart home market is attributed to factors such as significantly growing IoT market, government support, increasing urbanization & growing awareness for smart home technology, and increasing importance of home monitoring from remote locations. With the increasing demand of smart home devices, security and privacy breach is also increasing. The issues pertaining to privacy and security breach are restraining the growth of the smart home market.
The favorable policies and the coming of Internet of Things laid solid foundation for smart home market in China. Furthermore, initiatives such as National New-type Urbanization Plan, China's 12th five-year Development Plan, Smart Cities Projects and Made in China 2025 strategy, are likely to fuel the growth of China smart home market.
In addition to country-wide initiatives, large corporations in China, from technology giants to white goods manufacturers, are placing big bets on the Chinese smart home market. Several major Chinese giants like Baidu, Xiaomi, Alibaba, Haier and many others have already entered the market for smart home products.
China Smart Home Market - By Application Areas
Smart Appliances captured maximum share of the China smart home market in 2018.
Control and Connectivity is the second largest application segment of the China smart home market capturing around 18% share in 2018.
Security is the third leading application of smart home market, being followed by Home Entertainment segment.
In 2018, the revenue in the Security segment amounts to just over US$ 1 Billion.
Energy Management captured least share of the China smart home market.
China Smart Home Active Households - By Application Areas
Smart Appliances captured highest share of the China Smart Home active households in 2018, being followed by Control and Connectivity segment.
In China, the household penetration for Home Entertainment application is estimated at 1.3% in 2018.
Energy Management application captured least share of the Smart Home active households in 2018.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. China Smart Home Market Analysis to 2025 2.1 China Smart Home Market and Forecast 2.2 China Smart Home - Household Penetration and Forecast 2.3 China Smart Home Number and Forecast 2.3.1 China Smart Home Number and Forecast 2.3.2 Chinese Homes Having At least One Type of Smart System Installed
3. China Smart Home Market Share Analysis to 2025 3.1 China Smart Home Market Share - By Application Areas 3.2 China Smart Home Active Households Share - By Application Areas
4. China Smart Home Market, Number of Active Households & Households Penetration - By Application Areas 4.1 China Smart Home - Control and Connectivity Market & Number of Active Households Analysis to 2025 4.1.1 China Smart Home - Control and Connectivity Market & Forecast 4.1.2 China Smart Home - Control and Connectivity Application Household Penetration & Forecast 4.1.3 China Smart Home - Number of Active Households in Control and Connectivity Segment & Forecast 4.2 China Smart Home - Comfort and Lighting Market & Number of Active Households Analysis to 2025 4.3 China Smart Home - Home Entertainment Market & Number of Active Households Analysis to 2025 4.4 China Smart Home - Smart Appliances Market & Number of Active Households Analysis to 2025 4.5 China Smart Home - Energy Management Market & Number of Active Households Analysis to 2025 4.6 China Smart Home - Security Market & Number of Active Households Analysis to 2025
5. China Smart Home Market Funding
6. China Smart Home Market - Recent Development 6.1 China Smart City Pilot Projects and Financing 6.1.1 China's New-Type' Urbanization 6.1.2 Smart City as a Big Effort for China's New-type Urbanization 6.1.3 China's Smart City Pilot Projects 6.2 Smart City Financing in China
7. China IoT / Smart Homes Market - Policies, Trends and Standards & Government Role 7.1 China IoT / Smart Homes Policies 7.2 China IoT Trends and Standards 7.3 Government's Pivotal Role in China IoT Market
8. China Smart Home - Key Company Profiles 8.1 Chuango Security Technology Corp 8.1.1 Company Overview 8.1.2 Smart Home Products 8.1.3 Recent Initiatives & Strategy in IoT and Smart Homes 8.2 HEIMAN CO., LIMITED 8.3 Sichuan Changhong Electric Co Ltd 8.4 Hisense Co. Ltd 8.5 Xiaomi Inc 8.6 Alibaba Group 8.7 JD.com 8.8 Baidu 8.9 Haier 8.10 China Unicom
9. China Smart Home Market - Driving Factors 9.1 Policies & Initiatives Driving Smart Homes 9.2 IoT Drives Smart Home Market 9.3 Cost Savings Due to The Adoption of Energy Conservation Systems 9.4 Increasing Urbanization & Growing Awareness for Smart Home Technology 9.5 Development of Connected Innovative Products
10. China Smart Home Market - Challenges 10.1 Security and Privacy Breach Concern 10.2 Cyber Security Concerns