SINGAPORE, June 1 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- Notice of Annual General Meeting China Yuchai International Limited To All Shareholders
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting (the "Meeting") of China Yuchai International Limited (the "Company") will be held at Hotel Nikko, 72 Mody Road, Tsimshatsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong on Friday, July 2, 2010 at 9.30 a.m. (Hong Kong time) for the following purposes:
As Ordinary Business
1. To receive and adopt the audited financial statements and independent auditors' report for the financial year ended December 31, 2009.
2. To approve an increase in the limit of the Directors' fees as set out in Bye-law 10(11) of the Bye-laws of the Company from US$250,000 to US$510,959 for the financial year 2009 (Directors' fees paid for FY 2008: US$574,658).
3. To re-elect the following Directors retiring pursuant to Bye-law 4(2) of the Bye-laws of the Company to hold office until the next annual general meeting of the Company:
(i) Mr Kwek Leng Peck (ii) Mr Teo Tong Kooi (iii) Mr Saw Boo Guan (iv) Mr Gan Khai Choon (v) Mr Tan Aik-Leang (vi) Mr Neo Poh Kiat (vii) Mr Matthew Richards (viii) Mr Zhang Shi Yong
4. To re-elect the following Directors retiring pursuant to Bye-law 4(3) of the Bye-laws of the Company to hold office until the next annual general meeting of the Company:
(i) Mr Tan Eng Kwee (appointed on February 2, 2010) (ii) Mr Ching Yew Chye (appointed on February 2, 2010) (iii) Mr Han Yi Yong (appointed on May 7, 2010)
5. To re-appoint Messrs Ernst & Young LLP as independent auditors of the Company and to authorise the Audit Committee to fix their remuneration.
6. To transact any other business as may properly come before the Meeting or any adjournment thereof. By Order of the Board Saw Boo Guan President Date: June 1, 2010 Notes:
1. Pursuant to the bye-laws of the Company, no resolution of Members may be passed without the affirmative vote of the Special Share cast by the holder of the Special Share.
2. By resolution of the Board, only Members entered in the Register of Members of the Company at the close of business on May 14, 2010 (New York time) are entitled to receive notice of and to attend and vote at the Meeting.
3. A Member is entitled to appoint one or more proxies to attend and vote in his stead.
4. A proxy need not be a member of the Company.
5. If a proxy is appointed, the proxy form and the power of attorney or other authority (if any) under which it is signed, must be lodged with the Company at 16 Raffles Quay, #26-00 Hong Leong Building, Singapore 048581, Republic of Singapore OR BNY Mellon Shareowner Services at P.O. Box 3550, South Hackensack NJ 07606-9250, U.S.A. not less than 48 hours before the time appointed for the Meeting, that is no later than 9.30 a.m. on Wednesday, June 30, 2010 (Singapore time) or 9.30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 (New York time).
6. The Company has retained Morrow & Co., LLC, 470 West Avenue, Stamford, CT 06902 to aid in the solicitation of proxies.
SOURCE China Yuchai International Limited