NEW BERLIN, N.Y., Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Chobani, America's #1 selling yogurt brand, is pleased to announce several new product innovations set to hit store shelves in January 2013:
- Chobani Bite – A perfectly portioned, crave-worthy snack that hits the spot.
- Chobani Champions Tubes –Greek low-fat yogurt blended with real fruit available in grab-and-go tubes for kids to enjoy wherever they go.
- Chobani Flip – Authentic strained Greek yogurt paired with crunchy mix-ins let you flip and create your perfect mix.
- New 6oz. Chobani Flavors – Countlessly requested fan-favorites, Pear and Banana.
Whether you're on-the-go, need a snack to sink your teeth into or crave a dynamic mix-in experience — each of Chobani's 2013 products was purposefully created to bring consumers even more ways to enjoy Chobani Greek Yogurt. Each is crafted using Chobani's hallmark authentic strained Greek yogurt made with only natural ingredients.
"Our goal at Chobani is to continue building upon the limitless possibilities of Greek yogurt, and create innovative products specifically designed for usage occasions," said John Heath, Vice President of New Ventures and Innovation at Chobani. "Using consumer insights, we look across the pleasure spectrum – flavors, textures, taste combinations and packaging formats – to bring new excitement and enjoyment to our deliciously simple, authentic yogurt."
Chobani Bite – Meet Chobani Bite, an indulgent yet guilt free snack to sink your teeth into. Each Chobani Bite contains 8 grams of protein to help keep afternoon hunger pangs at bay and turn snacking into a mindful indulgence. These convenient, 3.5oz cups of blended Greek non-fat and low-fat yogurt come in four crave-worthy flavors:
- Fig with Orange Zest
- Caramel with Pineapple
- Coffee with Dark Chocolate Chips
- Raspberry with Dark Chocolate Chips
Retails for $2.99/4-pack. Available nationally January 2013.
Chobani Champions Tubes – No spoon required! Chobani Champions Tubes were made to give kids authentic strained Greek low-fat yogurt to enjoy on-the-go. Finally parents won't have to compromise nutrition for taste, as each tube is made with real fruit and only natural ingredients. Each tube provides little champs with a good source of Vitamin D and protein, so they're ready to rock wherever they go. Chobani Champions Tubes are available in four kid-friendly flavors:
- Jammin' Strawberry™
- Chillin' Cherry™
- Rockin' Blueberry™
- Swirlin' Strawberry Banana™
Retails for $2.79/8-pk. Available nationally January 2013.
Chobani Pear and Chobani Banana – Chobani fans inspired the newest additions to 6oz Chobani flavors. After receiving countless requests, Pear and Banana will join the Chobani 6oz family. Each reflects Chobani's longstanding tradition for using only the best, real, fruity goodness paired with authentic strained Greek low-fat and non-fat yogurt.
- Pear — creamy, non-fat yogurt flavored with subtly sweet chunks of real pear
- Banana — low-fat yogurt featuring real pieces of ripe banana
Retails for $1.29/cup. Available nationally January 2013.
Chobani Flip – Mix things up a bit. Put some fun in your day with new Chobani Flip, available in the Northeast. Just flip the lid and add bold, delicious mix-ins to authentic strained Greek yogurt. These easy-to-grab, 5.3oz cups are available in six perfect flavor pairings:
- Vanilla Golden Crunch™ — Vanilla non-fat yogurt with cornflakes, honey oats and pecans
- Key Lime Crumble™ — Key Lime low-fat yogurt with graham crumble and white chocolate
- Strawberry Sunrise™ — Strawberry non-fat yogurt with honey oats
- Honey Beenana™ — Honey low-fat yogurt with banana
- Almond Coco Loco™ — Coconut low-fat yogurt with dark chocolate and sliced toasted almonds.
- Raspberry Choco Fix™ — Vanilla Chocolate Chip low-fat yogurt with raspberries
Retails for $1.39. Available in the Northeast US in January 2013.
These new introductions will further revolutionize the dairy case, with exciting new ways for people to enjoy the brand they love, and fostering Chobani's industry leadership in the yogurt category. This success is further marked by Chobani's opening of the world's largest yogurt plant in Twin Falls, Idaho. Built in under a year, the new plant will allow Chobani to satisfy the increasing demands of "Chobani-acs" across the country.
Maker of America's #1 selling yogurt brand, authentic strained Chobani Greek Yogurt, Chobani was founded on the belief that people have great taste, they just need great options. That is why Chobani produces only the highest quality, best tasting products made with only natural ingredients out of its New Berlin, N.Y. plant and its brand new one million square-foot production facility in Twin Falls, Idaho. As part of Chobani's nothing but good philosophy, it is committed to supporting local farmers and strengthening its surrounding area economies. Chobani uses milk from local-area farms and gives 10% of its annual profits to charities worldwide through the Shepherd's Gift Foundation, the company's charitable arm. All Chobani products are Kosher certified, made with milk from cows not treated with rBST and provide five live and active cultures and two times more protein than regular yogurt. Chobani products are available nationwide, and in Australia, the UK and Canada. Chobani is pleased to offer consumers a variety of nothing but good products: Chobani Greek Yogurt, Chobani Bite, Chobani Flip and Chobani Champions. For more information, please visit chobani.com or connect with Chobani on Facebook at Facebook.com/Chobani.