New Jersey Governor Brings Engaging, Combative Style to Social Media
Among Announced Candidates: Herman Cain Moving Up, Mitt Romney Pulling Away
WASHINGTON, Oct. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Qorvis Communications, one of the fastest-growing integrated communications firms in the U.S., today released its monthly Twitter Valuation Analysis for the 2012 presidential campaign, with a special emphasis on the social media footprint of New Jersey Governor and rumored presidential candidate Chris Christie.
Governor Christie's Twitter feed (@GovChristie) has an estimated valuation of $8,880, a 6th place ranking among Republican candidates for president. However, the Christie Twitter feed has several unique characteristics that distinguish it from the Republican field.
- Size: Christie has 64,847 followers as of October 1, placing him among the top tier of Republican candidates on Twitter.
- Frequency: Christie tweeted 156 times in September, more than any other announced or potential Republican candidate for president.
- Level of Engagement: Christie frequently @ replies reporters, critics and New Jersey citizens who mention him in their Twitter feeds.
Twitter AccountFollowers # of Tweets, Sept. 2011 Value
- @BarackObama—10,308,474196 $1,443,125
- @NewtGingrich—1,332,31094 $176,119
- @MittRomney—114,79062 $14,893
- @GovernorPerry—93,45718 $11,811
- @TheHermanCain—88,101147 $12,003
- @RonPaul—72,564128 $9,781
- @GovChristie—64,847156 $8,880
- @JonHuntsman—37,87328 $4,815
- @TeamBachmann—31,613122 $4,247
- @RickSantorum—29,04985 $3,820
- @SarahPalinUSA—670,23411 $84,343
"Chris Christie the Twitter feed is much like Chris Christie the presidential candidate – authentic, engaging and occasionally combative," said Wyeth Ruthven, a senior director at Qorvis Communications and author of the Twitter Valuation Analysis.
Among the announced candidates for president, Georgia businessman Herman Cain saw the largest percentage gains in followers since the previous Twitter Valuation Analysis on September 13. Cain increased his number of followers by 29.47 percent in the last two weeks, while Romney increased his by 28.64 percent.
"Twitter measures momentum, and Cain and Romney have it," said Ruthven. "Romney's debate performances and Cain's straw poll success are generating interest online, and that translates into followers on Twitter."
Twitter AccountPercent Growth 9/13-10/1
Qorvis compared the number of followers and frequency of tweets for President Barack Obama, the eight leading Republican presidential candidates, and former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. The number of followers and frequency of tweets were used to calculate an estimated number of impressions generated by each campaign Twitter account in the month of August. Qorvis compared the metrics of these Twitter accounts with the cost of a direct mail or online advertising campaign of a similar size and reach to calculate the monetary value of a campaign Twitter account.
About Qorvis Communications, LLC
Qorvis Communications is one of the nation's largest independent, integrated communications firms. Formed in August 2000, Qorvis provides its clients with expertise in the areas of public and media relations, advertising, public affairs, investor relations and financial services communications, grassroots campaigns, Internet-based campaigns, social media strategies, and research and opinion surveys. For more information, visit www.qorvis.com or contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Qorvis Communications