ASPEN, Colo., July 18, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- CIA Director Mike Pompeo, Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Joseph Dunford, Director of National Intelligence Daniel Coats, Head of Product Policy and Counterterrorism at Facebook Monika Bickert, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Thomas Bossert, Special Presidential Envoy to the Global Coalition to Counter ISIS Brett McGurk, House Committee on Homeland Security Chairman Rep. Michael McCaul (R-TX), and former CIA Director John Brennan, are among the more than 70 speakers to join the 2017 Aspen Security Forum, which runs from July 19-22. At this pivotal juncture in US and global politics — a new presidential administration, rising terrorism, crumbling order in the Middle East, the rapid rise of cyber threats, and more – the experts and decision-makers at the center of national and international security will engage in candid conversations on the most pressing issues of the day.
NBC News and MSNBC are the media partners of the Aspen Security Forum. Lester Holt, Anchor of "NBC Nightly News," will interview Director of National Intelligence Daniel Coats. Pete Williams, Chief Justice Correspondent for NBC News, will interview Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly in the opening session. Ken Dilanian, Intelligence and National Security Reporter for NBC News, will serve as the moderator of the One State/Two State panel. Andrea Mitchell, Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent for NBC News and Host of MSNBC's "Andrea Mitchell Reports," will interview Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Joseph Dunford in the closing session.
NBC News and MSNBC will offer coverage of the Forum on all digital platforms. "Andrea Mitchell Reports" will be live in Aspen Wednesday July 19th, Thursday July 20th and Friday July 21st.
Topics to be discussed at the Forum include airstrikes in Syria, the enduring threat posed by ISIS, Russia's global influence, the role of NATO, cybersecurity threats, recent terror attacks across the globe, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and ongoing threats posed by North Korea. A complete agenda is available at http://www.aspensecurityforum.org/agenda.
All events will be streamed live at http://www.aspensecurityforum.org/live. If you would like to broadcast any events live or have access to footage after an event, be in touch with Douglas Farrar by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For those not able to attend in person, there are a variety of ways to contribute to the Aspen Security Forum conversation online. Ways to engage with the Forum include:
- Twitter: Follow @AspenSecurity and our media partners, @MSNBC, @NBCNews and @NBCPolitics and tweet your thoughts using #AspenSecurity.
- Facebook: Like us and follow along for exclusive Facebook Live discussions at Facebook.com/AspenInstitute.
- Instagram: See our behind-the-scenes photos and videos, plus show us your point of view using #AspenSecurity.Instagram.com/AspenInstitute
- Snapchat: Find us on Snapchat at "aspeninstitute" and check out behind-the-scenes, exclusive video content
- YouTube: Subscribe to watch highlights from your favorite discussions or catch full sessions you missed.YouTube.com/AspenInstitute
- Periscope: Follow the Aspen Institute for behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with speakers throughout the week by downloading the Periscope app on your mobile device.
- Websites: Video, audio, and transcripts from Aspen Security Forum can be viewed at http://www.aspensecurityforum.org.
The Aspen Security Forum underwriters include Ayasdi, Deloitte, Lockheed Martin, Symantec and Target, with additional support from AUSA.
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues. The Institute is based in Washington, DC; Aspen, Colorado; and on the Wye River on Maryland's Eastern Shore. It also has offices in New York City and an international network of partners. For more information, visit www.aspeninstitute.org.
SOURCE The Aspen Institute