Recognized for innovative programs that help create opportunities for New Canadians
TORONTO, March 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) - CIBC has been named for the fifth consecutive year, as one of the best places in the country for new Canadians to work.
"From a talent and client perspective, New Canadians play an important role in the future of our country, and our workforce needs to continue to mirror the diversity we see within our communities," said Jackie Moss, Executive Vice-President, Human Resources. "CIBC is proud to play a role in helping newcomers to Canada establish a strong new start."
CIBC was selected for the award by the editors of Canada's Top 100 Employers. The award recognizes companies that offer innovative programs that assist individuals with making the transition to a new workplace and a new life in Canada. The following CIBC initiatives and programs were highlighted:
- participating in the "International Finance and Administration Program", a pilot program offered by Algonquin College to help internationally trained professionals bridge their credentials in finance - the bank hosts students for the internship portion of the program
- works with a range of community organizations including Skills International, Microskills, Toronto District School Board, the Canadian Immigration Integration Project and TRIEC's Mentoring Partnership
- working with community organizations such as COSTI Immigrant Services, YMCA, and Skills For Change, to match resumes to vacancies within the bank
- participating in ACCES Employment's Speed Mentoring program to provide newcomers with advice on resumes, communication, and interview techniques
- partners with local community agencies, offers information sessions to new Canadians, which includes tips for resume writing, interview skills, and employment at CIBC - the sessions also serve as networking events, as participants connect directly with CIBC employees
In addition to being recognized as one of Canada's Best Employers for New Canadians, CIBC is a leader in the Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council's Mentoring Partnership Program; and has been named one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures; one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers for 2012; and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers.
To learn more about diversity at CIBC please visit http://cibc.com/ca/inside-cibc/careers/equity-and-diversity.html.
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with nearly 11 million personal banking and business clients. CIBC offers a full range of products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network, branches and offices across Canada, and has offices in the United States and around the world. You can find other news releases and information about CIBC in our Press Centre on our corporate website at www.cibc.com.