BEDFORD, Mass., April 3, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- CIMCON, the leading global provider of outdoor lighting management systems and smart city solutions, today announced the launch of The City Innovators Speaker Series, a comprehensive educational program intended to provide practical advice and roadmap to build smart city services. The discussions will strip away the hype around smart cities and highlight "how to" insights and the proven best practices that will help city leaders build safer, smarter and more sustainable cities. In this remote learning series, CIMCON will host monthly conversations with the best and brightest subject matter experts in government, technology and business.
The City Innovators Speaker Series will cover a range of topics, including innovative business models, emerging citizen services, operational best practices, and citizen engagement, and is aimed to help cities think more holistically about their approach to developing thriving urban centers. Four inaugural episodes are scheduled for Spring and Summer 2019:
"Making Partnerships Work, for Cities and Smart-Solution Providers: What are the Key Ingredients for Success?"
- Date and Time: April 23, 2019 – 1:00-1:30 EDT
- Speaker: Gordon Feller, Founder of Meeting of the Minds
- What You'll Learn: How smart city practitioners can leverage partnerships to do more with less.
"Driving Innovation from within the City"
- Date and Time: May 14, 2019 – 1:00-1:30 EDT
- Speaker: Nigel Jacob, Co-founder of the Mayor's Office of New Urban Mechanics, Boston, MA
- What You'll Learn: The role of innovation within local government and how urban R&D can drive improvements in city services, equity, and citizen engagement.
"Smart City Economies, Our Collective Journey So Far, and a Glimpse into the Future"
- Date and Time: June 14, 2019 – 1:00-1:30 EDT
- Speaker: Nicola Villa, Senior Vice President, Government Center of Excellence, Strategic Growth at Mastercard
- What You'll Learn: How digital infrastructures and economies along with greater access to information and technology can be leveraged to accelerate socioeconomic opportunities across the globe.
"Smart Services: How Distribution Companies Help Create Smart Cities"
- Date and Time: July 9, 2019 – 1:00-1:30 EDT
- Speaker: Scotty Hutto, Products & Services Strategy Manager, Georgia Power
- What You'll Learn: How utilities are leveraging their expertise in infrastructure, transit, operations, and citizen engagement to bring smart solutions to cities all sizes.
"Reliable blue prints are emerging for how to fund and use smart city technologies to improve the well-being of citizens and city visitors," said John Joseph, CIMCON's Vice President of Marketing. "Through this series, CIMCON hopes to provide a forum for city leaders to share their experiences and proven blue prints to build a hype-free, honest, educational toolkit to help city leaders, regardless of their city's size and resources, tackle all aspects of their smart city projects."
To see a list of all planned webinars and register to attend the webinars, visit www.cimconlighting.com/cityinnovatorswebinar.
About CIMCON Lighting, Inc.
With a heritage of over 25 years of innovation and experience in industrial automation and outdoor wireless applications, CIMCON Lighting is the world's leading provider of scalable, intelligent wireless outdoor lighting management solutions for traditional, LED and solar-based street lights along with a variety of Smart City devices and applications. Focused on offering solutions that provide the lowest "Lifecycle Cost of Ownership," CIMCON provides hardware and software technologies that allow Cities and Utilities to monitor, maintain and in many cases, monetize their lighting assets and other devices on or near the light pole. CIMCON's "Just in Time Lighting™," reduces energy, maintenance and repair costs while improving the quality of lighting services and enabling the path to a Smart City. CIMCON's lighting management solutions are appropriate for roadways, parking lots and parking garages, corporate and university campuses and a variety of Industrial applications. For more information please visit www.cimconlighting.com.
John Joseph, VP of Marketing, Tel: +1 978-320-4002 x433, Email: email@example.com.