FOSTER CITY, Calif., Nov. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Arena Solutions, the pioneer of cloud-based product lifecycle management (PLM) applications, announced the publication of CIMdata's whitepaper detailing the characteristics of world-class cloud-based PLM platforms. The paper describes different cloud architectures and presents the salient differences.
CIMdata is a leading independent global strategic management consulting and research authority fixated upon the PLM market. The company is focused on maximizing users' efforts to design and deliver innovative products and services through the application of PLM.
In the whitepaper, titled "All PLM Clouds are Not Created Equal," readers will learn how to differentiate between two types of clouds:
- World-class, single instance of PLM cloud solutions that can deliver the security, reliability, scalability and functionality that today's manufacturing environments and supply chains require; and
- PLM cloud solutions that are layered upon older, legacy foundations, which require more infrastructure and human resources, and which deliver less productivity and scalability.
World-class PLM cloud solutions provide:
- A cost structure that scales per user, not per deployment;
- A multi-tenant, single instance of software that enables rapid scalability and rollouts to partners;
- Full operations, security and backup teams;
- Testing and validation of the solution for scalability, security and standards compliance;
- Regular upgrades that minimize data migration and system downtime;
- Redundancy practices for all aspects of the solution, including the data center; and
- Disaster recovery that includes separate data centers in multiple geographic regions.
For more than 15 years Arena Solutions has offered a PLM solution developed from the ground up with leading edge multi-tenant cloud architecture. Increasingly, companies are demanding a migration to an "all cloud" enterprise-wide environment as cloud has become the de facto standard, especially now that the cloud's significant cost savings and superior ease of use become more widely known.
Arena PLM is designed to provide high security availability and failover, the flexibility to manage user access, bug fixes and upgrades with minimum effort and no additional programming. Its security measures are regularly tested by a third party, and its architecture ensures integrations with ERP, MCAD, EDA and other solutions that are easy to deploy. With nearly 1,000 customers in 79 countries, Arena is well positioned to provide world-class cloud PLM service to even the largest multi-national enterprise.
"True cloud solutions are built from the ground up to perform better as a fully hosted solution with maintenance and management across hundreds of servers and data redundancy in multi-tenant cloud environments," said Steve Chalgren, executive vice president of product management and chief strategy officer at Arena Solutions. "Fake cloud vendors, on the other hand, are forced to just host, often with third parties, their on-premises solutions, which doesn't really deliver any foundational cost-benefit and isn't any different than third party hosting solutions from the 1990s, except for the marketing of the term 'cloud.'"
To download the CIMdata whitepaper, please visit http://www.arenasolutions.com/resources/articles/all-plm-clouds-are-not-created-equal/.
About Arena Solutions
Pioneer of cloud-based PLM, Arena's suite of PLM and supply chain solutions enable engineering, manufacturing and their extended supply chains to speed prototyping, reduce scrap, streamline their supply chain, improve margins, and collapse time to market. Based in Foster City, Calif., Arena's PLM applications simplify bill of materials (BOM) and change management for organizations of all sizes, and the company has been ranked as a Top 10 PLM provider and Top 5 Supplier Collaboration solution. Arena also holds a spot on National Association for Business Resources' "San Francisco's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For" List for 2015. For more information, please visit: http://www.arenasolutions.com/.
To learn more about Arena Solutions:
Arena and Arena Solutions are trademarks of Arena Solutions, Inc., Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off. All rights reserved. Other product and company names are the property of their respective holders.
SOURCE Arena Solutions