NEW YORK, Dec. 7, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Do you have what it takes to be the next great TV talent? That's what Cineflix wants to know. Talent scouts are coming to the Westin Memphis, Friday, December 17 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. to discover hidden talent at Cineflix's "America's Got REAL Talent" casting call.
The company that produces such hit shows as American Pickers, Property Virgins and Conviction Kitchen is on the hunt for professional realtors, chefs, bakers, designers, contractors, business owners, animal experts, vets, history buffs and anyone else who loves what they do and thinks they have what it takes to make compelling television.
"This isn't about creating yet another TV talent show – we aren't looking for singers or wanna-be celebrities," says Simon Lloyd, CEO of Programming at Cineflix. "We want to find real Americans with real skills who have a passion in life which they can communicate to a wide audience."
Applicants MUST HAVE a genuine expertise and a lot of character. For example:
- Are you a talented chef or remarkable realtor?
- Do you design divine homes or make your mark renovating wrecks?
- Do you run an exciting traditional business?
- Are you keeping a dying craft or way of life alive in a challenging economy?
- Do you have an unusual home/community/lifestyle?
- Do you run a fantastic event that has a great local following – which you think could be adapted and work well as a TV series?
- Are you a passionate expert who can communicate your love of history, science or technology to a wide and varied audience?
- Do you have a passion for the land? Do you know how to hunt, gather or make money from it?
To showcase your special talent, send a short paragraph about yourself and a photo to email@example.com. You can also impress us in person at the Westin Memphis located at 170 Lt. George W. Lee Avenue, Memphis. For those who can't make it on the day, get in touch by calling 646 873-6510 to set up an interview via Skype.
Currently involved in the production of over 250 hours per year of original multi-genre television programming for international broadcasters, Cineflix Productions is recognized as a leading provider of factual entertainment, entertainment, reality, documentary, drama-documentary and specialist factual programming.
With production spread across our offices in Montreal, Toronto, London and New York, Cineflix Productions prides itself on its ability to attract and retain an exceptionally talented international production staff and top on-screen personalities.