MINNEAPOLIS, June 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- This summer, Cinnamon Toast Crunch is celebrating family road trips by highlighting the crazy, fun ways that families break the monotony of long trips. To help fuel fun road trip moments, Cinnamon Toast Crunch will be hosting a Cinnamon Toast Crunch Drive Thru this weekend Friday, June 23rd 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. MST and Saturday, June 24th 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. MST near a popular family road trip destination: The Grand Canyon! The Drive Thru will be located across from We Cook Pizza and Pasta restaurant near the South Rim entrance.
From the unusual stops, the silly moments in the car, and the weird photos taken along the way, the Crazy Squares will celebrate the parents that let their kids be their crazy, fun selves, and the kids that inspire their parents to do the same.
The Cinnamon Toast Crunch Drive Thru is the ultimate crazy fun experience where families can be their true selves while creating an unforgettable family memory, and of course, enjoy the deliciousness of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Celebrity Chef and Host of The Kitchen, Jeff Mauro, will be celebrating road trips with Cinnamon Toast Crunch this summer by creating an original recipe just for the drive thru along with other Cinnamon Toast Crunch inspired recipes.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Road Mix
- With smoked almonds, white chocolate chips, pretzels and cranberries, this Cinnamon Toast Crunch inspired trail mix is a sweet notch above the rest.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch-crusted fried PB&J
- This over-the-top sandwich will take your staple PB&J to the next level and includes bread coated in ground Cinnamon Toast Crunch, stuffed with peanut butter, bananas, strawberry jam & pan-fried to a crisp.
- Cinnamon French Toast Crunch
- This recipe is perfect to get the whole family involved in the kitchen. Jeff takes classic French toast and stuffs it with Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Bacon and Bananas giving it a little sweet, a little savory and a lot of crunch.
"General Mills is always working on bringing cereal lovers fun, new ways to enjoy their cereal," said Greta Hanson, marketing communication manager at General Mills. "Cinnamon Toast Crunch is fueling the fun that is family road trips by highlighting the ways that crazy, fun families break the monotony of long trips."
The tasty pit stop will encourage families to perform a crazy fun challenge in exchange for a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch along with sharing their road trip stories on social media tagging @CinnamonToastCrunch on Facebook and Instagram or @CTCSquares on Twitter using #CrazyCarCam.
To learn more about all the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Drive Thru or to view the exclusive recipes, visit http://cinnamontoastcrunch.tumblr.com/ and follow Cinnamon Toast Crunch on social media: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About General Mills
General Mills is a leading global food company that serves the world by making food people love. Its brands include Cheerios, Annie's, Yoplait, Nature Valley, Fiber One, Haagen-Dazs, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Wanchai Ferry, Yoki and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills generated fiscal 2016 consolidated net sales of US $16.6 billion, as well as another US $1.0 billion from its proportionate share of joint-venture net sales.
SOURCE General Mills