SAN JOSE, Calif., Apr. 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, CipherCloud, the leader in cloud visibility and data protection, announced Cloud Discovery Enterprise Edition to deliver comprehensive visibility, risk scoring, and actionable intelligence across all clouds applications in the corporate ecosystem. The offering, an integral part of the CipherCloud platform, enables companies to gain visibility into their cloud usage, protect their sensitive data, enforce security policies and monitor user activities.
Recent research reveals the scope of the cloud visibility problem. 86 percent of cloud applications in use at the enterprise are unsanctioned by IT and 78 percent of enterprises cite a need for better governance and visibility tools for cloud applications. This is driving enterprises towards a platform approach that unites discovery and monitoring. In response to a cloud security requirements survey, enterprises identified three top technologies for integration into a cloud discovery suite: 70 percent cited DLP, 56 percent required user activity monitoring and 55 percent needed data access reporting as part of the discovery and monitoring functions.
"The extent of shadow IT indicates a gap in detection, the first step in the mitigation process," said Pravin Kothari, founder and CEO of CipherCloud. "With this latest addition to our platform, we are enabling enterprises to gain deeper visibility and control in the cloud."
Cloud Discovery Enterprise Edition enables organizations to protect their information assets and reduce risks through:
Data breach avoidance
- Identify risky cloud applications that are potential sources of a breach
- Find the users and groups that use risky applications
- Block high risk applications and effectively manage low risk applications
Cloud application consolidation
- Move to sanctioned cloud applications while preserving user productivity
- Reduce subscription fees and other costs from duplicate or unused accounts
Enablement of agility, flexibility and governance
- Tame shadow IT through advanced risk intelligence and cloud application analytics
- Manage risk through increased visibility, reporting and compliance
Cloud Discovery Enterprise Edition is available for cloud based or on premises deployment. For more information, please visit: www.ciphercloud.com.
- Cloud Adoption and Risk Trends Report: http://www.ciphercloud.com/resources/infographic-cloud-adoption-and-risk-report-2014-trends/
- Request a free risk assessment: http://www.ciphercloud.com/products/ciphercloud-cloud-discovery/
CipherCloud, the leader in cloud visibility and data protection, delivers cloud adoption while ensuring security, compliance and control. CipherCloud's open platform provides comprehensive cloud application discovery and risk assessment, data protection – searchable strong encryption, tokenization, data loss prevention, key management and malware detection – and extensive user activity and anomaly monitoring services.
CipherCloud has experienced exceptional growth and success with over 3 million of business users, across 11 different industries.
The CipherCloud product portfolio protects popular cloud applications out-of-the-box such as Salesforce, Box, Microsoft Office 365 and ServiceNow.
CipherCloud, named as SC Magazine's Best Product of the Year, technology is FIPS 140-2 validated and is backed by premier venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Transamerica Ventures, Delta Partners and T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telekom. For more information, visit www.ciphercloud.com and follow us on Twitter @ciphercloud.
Director of Corporate Communications