SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- CipherCloud, a leader in cloud security and visibility, today announced it has been named the Overall Leader in the KuppingerCole 2016 Leadership Compass: Cloud Access Security Brokers report. This report is the first competitive roundup of the rapidly growing CASB space, objectively analyzing technology and market leadership across more than 10 vendors. CipherCloud received the highest ranking in three of the report's four categories including Overall, Innovation, and Market Leadership.
According to the report, "CipherCloud provides a strong solution for securing data held in SaaS services and for controlling access to that data. It has numerous examples of customers that have used its products to achieve compliance with a range of laws and regulations."
CipherCloud was recognized for the strengths of its platform, which include:
- Multi-cloud protection across a wide range of SaaS applications
- Inline strong encryption and tokenization, with keys controlled exclusively by customers, preventing unauthorized access to sensitive data
- Granular data loss prevention and policy controls based on content, users, roles and devices
- Wide range of remediation options including field-level and file-level encryption
- Integration with enterprise infrastructure including identity sources, single sign-on, DLP and SIEM systems
- Out-of-the-box compliance policies and best practices across a wide range of data regulatory and data privacy standards
In the report, KuppingerCole looks at the role CASBs play in addressing the challenges of security and compliance around the use of cloud services. The KuppingerCole Leadership Compass is a tool that provides a synopsis of the CASB market segment and identifies the vendors that are Market Leaders in the segment.
Download a free copy of the KuppingerCole CASB Leadership Compass now.
"The Cloud Access Security Broker market has grown out of necessity to protect organizations against the unanticipated threats posed by the rich variety of cloud services available," said Martin Kuppinger, Founder and Principal Analyst, KuppingerCole. "With a proven track record, innovative products and strong market presence, we named CipherCloud an overall leader in the CASB market and believe the company should be on the short list for organizations that are evaluating CASB solutions."
"With the explosive growth of cloud services, the security landscape has grown increasingly complex and enterprises are wrestling with new challenges of how to protect their cloud-based data," said Pravin Kothari, Chairman and CEO for CipherCloud. "As an industry pioneer, we are honored to be recognized by KuppingerCole as the overall leader in the market."
- Download the KuppingerCole CASB Leadership Compass report
- Learn about the CipherCloud Trust Platform
- Read more in the CASB Resource Center
CipherCloud, a leader in cloud security and visibility, enables companies to adopt the cloud while delivering data protection, compliance and control. CipherCloud delivers a comprehensive multi-cloud security platform that integrates advanced data protection, content control, monitoring, cloud discovery and risk analysis. The largest financial services, insurance, healthcare, telecommunication, and government companies across more than 25 countries have put their trust in CipherCloud.
CipherCloud, named as SC Magazine's Best Product of the Year, technology is FIPS 140-2 validated and has received investments from premier venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Transamerica Ventures, Delta Partners and T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telekom. For more information, visit www.ciphercloud.com and follow us on Twitter @ciphercloud.