CHARLESTON, W.Va., April 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- City Holding Company (NASDAQ: CHCO), a $2.7 billion bank holding company headquartered in Charleston, presented the 2011 City Cares awards to five deserving employees at its annual meeting held on April 27, 2011. The bank will make a $1,500 donation to the charity of each winner's choice.
"There are many great community volunteers at City, and we are pleased to honor them through the City Cares community service awards," said Charles "Skip" Hageboeck, president and CEO. "As a company, City is committed to the communities where we work and live. Our employees live this commitment every day by donating their time and expertise. Our City Cares winners exemplify this giving spirit."
Regional City Care award winners and their designated charities are:
- Regional Retail Manager Lori Cooksey from the Kentucky region; Ashland Community Kitchen, Inc. which provides hot, nutritious meals for those in need.
- Regional Retail Manager Mandy Curry from the Greater Putnam region; Putnam County Parks & Recreation in support of the Healthy Kids, Healthy WV event.
- Office Manager Carrie Klug of the Potomac Marketplace office in the bank's Blue Ridge Region; St. James Roman Catholic Church for the benefit of the Webster Springs Youth Work Camp.
- Downtown Charleston Branch Manager James A. McClure; Capitol region; Be The Match Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating an opportunity for all patients to receive the bone marrow or umbilical cord blood transplant they need, when they need it and the Children's Home Society, a private, nonprofit child welfare organization.
- Regional Retail Manager Barbara Phillips from the Allegheny East region; Joyful Noise After School Enrichment Program, a state licensed after school program that provides homework help with a tutor, recreation, crafts and other enrichment programs for children in Kindergarten through the fifth grade.
"City National Bank is a community bank. We are committed to helping our communities by providing high quality, reasonably priced financial services. Beyond that, our bank makes significant financial contributions to organizations that make our communities safer, healthier and more vibrant places to live," said Craig Stilwell, executive vice president.
All employees were invited to nominate their peers for a City Cares award. A committee selected five winners from the nominations received. In honor of each recipient, City will donate $1,500 to a philanthropic organization of the individual's choosing.
About City Holding Company
City Holding Company is the parent company of City National Bank of West Virginia. In addition to the Bank's 68 branch locations across West Virginia, Eastern Kentucky and Southern Ohio, City National Bank operates CityInsurance Professionals, an insurance agency offering a full range of insurance products and services.
SOURCE City Holding Company