AUSTIN, Texas, July 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Clackamas County has become the first adopter of Hart InterCivic's new Verity Voting system in Oregon. Clackamas is a current Hart customer. They have elected to transition to Verity to gain technological advances available in the new system, while retaining their relationship with a solution provider they know and trust.
- Clackamas County has been a Hart customer since 2011; the County currently uses the Hart Voting System.
- The Oregon State Elections Division conferred state certification on Verity June 2, 2015 after the system met the state's comprehensive testing requirements.
- The decision by the Oregon State Elections Division permits Verity to be available for purchase by any jurisdiction in the state.
- Clackamas County will provide an intergovernmental cooperative purchasing contract to all Oregon counties that wish to save time and secure Hart's early adoption program pricing.
- All ballots received by mail or dropped off at any official ballot box in Clackamas County will be processed using the high-speed Verity Central solution. Absentee ballots will also be processed using Verity Central.
- Voters with disabilities may use the Verity Touch Writer ballot marking device with accessibility features to mark their ballots electronically before scanning them.
- Verity's accessibility and privacy features ensure an equal voter experience for all.
- Verity provides the most open, secure and easily auditable elections. Election officials are able to quickly verify system operation and accuracy due to efficient software validation and plain language audit reporting.
Sherry Hall, Clackamas County Clerk, said "With Verity, we will be able to stay modern and environmentally conscious with the latest green voting technology. Verity will increase our overall election efficiency by simplifying our current processes, ultimately saving time and money with the integration of new voting technology. We know that Hart will be able to deliver; having relied on their excellent customer service and support over the years."
Phillip Braithwaite, Hart InterCivic, President and CEO, said "Verity gives Clackamas County the nation's most advanced voting system, allowing the County and its voters to experience next-level election technology. Hart will continue to build on a very positive customer relationship, giving Clackamas the same high level of attention to detail and service that the County has come to know and appreciate."
Hart InterCivic is a full service election solutions innovator, partnering with state and local governments to deliver secure, accurate and reliable elections. Working side by side with election professionals for more than 100 years, we share our customers' dedication to ensuring the sanctity of the vote. Our mission is to help advance democracy one election at a time. This mission fuels our passionate customer focus and our continuous drive for technological innovation that makes voting more straightforward, more equitable and more accessible—and makes managing elections more transparent, more efficient and easier.
Headquartered in the vibrant city of Austin, Texas Hart InterCivic fosters an environment that spurs innovation and empowers employees to deliver great experiences to our customers.
SOURCE Hart InterCivic