SAN FRANCISCO, June 16 /PRNewswire/ -- The Cleantech Group, the leading global research and advisory firm focused on cleantech innovation, today announced Cleantech Focus Chicago, which will be held on July 27, 2010 to deliver unique insight into today's energy efficiency and smart buildings market landscapes. High-level speakers will discuss the impact of innovation in components, such as windows, lighting, and walls, as well as the latest energy usage visibility and control technologies. Cleantech Focus Chicago builds on the momentum from the Boston Focus event this June, which had over 100 attendees discussing cross-border opportunities between the U.S., China and India.
"Energy efficiency products are likely to take the number one investment spot over solar in 2010," said Sheeraz Haji, president of the Cleantech Group. "Companies are discovering that with low investments they can gain large savings by making a number of small adjustments to their building's infrastructure. Data-driven energy efficiency products and services including low-powered Wi-Fi sensors, energy management software, building automation, and smart lighting and windows are looking at substantial growth. Furthermore, smart building innovations are fueling efficiency policies, incentives and financing."
Cleantech Focus Chicago will bring together influential industry players, including corporate leaders, venture capitalists, economic development agencies, entrepreneurs and policy makers from around the world in the cleantech industry. Attendees will have the opportunity to connect with key industry influencers during various networking sessions, hear case studies from leaders in this space on how they successfully implemented energy efficiency policies and standards, and learn more about the opportunities and challenges in practices associated with smart buildings.
Among the companies scheduled to present during the interactive case study sessions include Johnson Controls, the global leader in delivering products, services and solutions that increase energy efficiency in buildings. "The research that Cleantech Group has published brings light to just how energy efficient buildings can be when you synchronize all of the systems to work together, truly making them smart buildings," said Andrew DeGuire, vice president, strategy and acquisitions, building efficiency, Johnson Controls. "We look forward to not only sharing our story, but hearing about the latest energy efficiency methods and best-practices from other leaders in the space."
Attendees will hear the latest research findings and receive a complimentary copy of a recently published report by Cleantech Group entitled, "As Energy Efficiency Booms, Buildings Get a Brain." This report is a comprehensive analysis of energy efficiency innovations in commercial office buildings produced through extensive research and interviews with leading corporations, investors, early stage ventures, and industry influencers.
A highlight of confirmed and invited* speakers for Cleantech Focus Chicago include:
- Mike Dauber, senior associate, Battery Ventures
- Richard Daley, mayor, City of Chicago*
- Gary Fromer, CEO, CPower
- Florence Hudson, energy & environment executive, IBM Corporate Strategy
- Andrew Kitchens, vice president of engineering services, Hines Interests Ltd
- Jason Byars, business development director, Veolia Energy North America
- Andrew DeGuire, vice president, strategy & acquisitions, Johnson Controls
- Jim Anderson, director of strategic marketing & innovation, Philips Solid State Lighting Solutions
- David Pogue, national director of sustainability, Institutional & Corporate Services, CB Richard Ellis
- Roger Platt, senior vice president, Global Policy & Law, US Green Building Council
- Matt Kistler, senior vice president, sustainability, Wal-Mart*
- Marc van den Berg, managing director, VantagePoint Venture Partners
- Gregory Kats, Senior Director and Director of Climate Change Policy, Good
Energies, and author of "Greening Our Built World: Costs, Benefits, and Strategies"
- Frank Ramirez, CEO, Ice Energy
- Dave Leonard, CEO, Redwood Systems
- Warner Philips, CEO, Lemnis Lighting
- Bob Hinkle, Founder & CEO, Metrus Energy
- John Van Dine, CEO, SAGE Electrochromics
- Shez Bandukwala, Managing Director, Head of Cleantech Investment Banking, Stifel Nicolaus & Company
Cleantech Focus events are part of an on-going series of one-day conferences organized by Cleantech Group held across various cities throughout the world. Cleantech Focus events take a deep dive into the hottest topics in clean technology alongside intimate networking opportunities.
For more information on Cleantech Focus Chicago, including agenda and registration, please visit: http://events.cleantech.com/chicago/
For information regarding upcoming Cleantech Forums or other Cleantech Focus events, please visit: http://events.cleantech.com/
About the Cleantech Group, LLC
The Cleantech Group, the leading global research and advisory firm focused on cleantech innovation, pioneered the clean technology category in 2002. Today, it helps its clients make critical business decisions by providing the latest market intelligence through subscription-based research, custom advisory services, and global networking events. The company's growing international client base includes global corporations, investors, entrepreneurs, governments, and service providers. The company also produces the premier Cleantech Forum® and Focus™ events worldwide, including upcoming events in Paris, New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. Details are available at http://www.cleantech.com.
SOURCE Cleantech Group, LLC