20 Feb, 2019, 09:00 ET
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 20, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Cloud Foundry Foundation, home to a family of interoperable open source projects for the enterprise, announced today additional keynote stage speakers at the annual North America Summit at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, PA, April 2-4, 2019. Standard registration for the event ends this Friday, February 22, before price increases by $200. If you are interested in sponsoring the event, please download the prospectus.
The keynote stage now features speakers including:
- Charles Schwab's Doug Coleman, Senior Managing Director Cloud Engineering and Operations, will showcase the company's focus on driving a digital future by enabling constant innovation.
- Comcast's Mike Crisafulli, SVP, Platform & Product Services; Rick Rioboli, SVP and CIO; and Nithya Ruff, Senior Director of Open Source Practice, will discuss Cloud Foundry's role in the customer lifecycle, external communities and the company's business goals.
- Eirini and Garden Project Lead Dr. Julz Friedman of IBM will do a demo of Project Eirini, which was accepted as an incubating project last year. Project Eirini enables Cloud Foundry end users to use Kubernetes as the underlying container scheduler.
- IBM Fellow Jason McGee, VP and CTO of IBM Cloud Platform, and Briana Frank, Program Director, will discuss the company's commitment to the cloud through its contributions to cloud and open source.
- Liberty Mutual's Jai Schniepp, Director of Product, Secure DevOps Platforms, will bring her knowledge to the end user panel as a product maven and agile expert who has spent over a decade partnering with like-minded practitioners to introduce CI/CD practices, cloud native solutions, and deliver products that drive developers further up the value line.
- SAP's Ralf Pannemans, Cloud Foundry contributor, will demonstrate the interoperability benefits of Service Manager, Gardener, Istio, and Cloud Foundry with an end-to-end demo.
- T-Mobile's Karun Chennuri, Senior Engineer of Security Architecture, and Ramesh Krishnaram, Senior Manager of Platform Engineering, will do a demo on building a chaos engineering project for Cloud Foundry deployments based on their company's internal practice.
The Foundation has also released further details of a Cloud Foundry end user panel discussion with c-Com GmbH, Liberty Mutual and Dick's Sporting Goods, moderated by TechCrunch's Frederic Lardinois.
"Cloud Foundry provides choice, whether you're a developer building great software, a CIO focused on productivity, or an operator committed to efficiency," said Abby Kearns, Executive Director, Cloud Foundry Foundation. "Attending Cloud Foundry Summit empowers new contributors to contribute to the open source project and build solutions with one of the world's most used platforms -- and gives end users a hands-on opportunity to make Cloud Foundry part of their multi-platform strategy including containers and serverless, integrating technologies like Kubernetes, Istio, Envoy and many others. A huge thank you to our Diamond sponsors Comcast and Pivotal and our Platinum sponsor IBM Cloud -- we truly cannot hold this event without them."
Newly added tracks include:
- Cloud Foundry for Operators
- Cloud Foundry for Business
Cloud Foundry Foundation will carry on the tradition of hosting a diversity event at Philadelphia event. This year the Foundation has changed the process and line-up for the Cloud Foundry Summit Diversity Luncheon on Thursday, April 4 at 12:15 p.m. For folks identifying as "diverse" — whether based on ability, ethnicity, mental health, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, immigration status, or any other experience that varies from the "norm" — Cloud Foundry invites you to share your experience as a panelist during the luncheon by applying to the CFP form by Friday, March 1 at 11:59 p.m. Five panelists will be accepted. This luncheon is co-sponsored by IBM; if you are interested in co-sponsoring, please reach out.
For the first time ever, there will be a half-day Contributors' Summit at Cloud Foundry Summit North America 2019. The Contributors' Summit is for new and current contributors to connect face-to-face and share feedback with each other. This is an opportunity for contributors to help shape the future of our community development. For new contributors, it offers a welcoming space to learn about the technology and build new relationships. Pre-registration is required.
The fifth Cloud Foundry Hackathon will be held at Summit, sponsored by IBM. The top three teams will receive prizes and first place winners will be announced on stage during the Thursday morning keynotes. More details here. All Summit attendees are encouraged to watch the project presentations on Wednesday afternoon.
Additionally, there will be Project Office Hours in the Foundry lounge, where attendees will get a chance to speak directly with Cloud Foundry project leads and developers, have their specific questions answered and find out what new features are in the works.
More than 1,500 enterprise developers, architects, engineers and executives from around the world are expected to attend the Philadelphia Summit. Attendees will learn about Cloud Foundry from those who build and use it every day. They will join other developers, end users and CIOs to gain first-hand access to Cloud Foundry roadmaps, training and tutorials, and to see how others are using Cloud Foundry to support continuous innovation and application portability.
Find the full schedule here: https://www.cloudfoundry.org/event_subpages/cfna2019-schedule/.
Register online here: https://www.cloudfoundry.org/event/nasummit2019/.
Cloud Foundry is an open source technology backed by the largest technology companies in the world, including Dell EMC, Google, IBM, Microsoft, Pivotal, SAP and SUSE, and is being used by leaders in manufacturing, telecommunications and financial services. Only Cloud Foundry delivers the velocity needed to continuously deliver apps at the speed of business. Cloud Foundry's container-based architecture runs apps in any language on your choice of cloud — Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, VMware vSphere, and more. With a robust services ecosystem and simple integration with existing technologies, Cloud Foundry is the modern standard for mission critical apps for global organizations.
About Cloud Foundry Foundation
The Cloud Foundry Foundation is an independent non-profit open source organization formed to sustain the development, promotion and adoption of Cloud Foundry as the industry standard for delivering the best developer experiences to companies of all sizes. The Foundation projects include Cloud Foundry Application Runtime, Cloud Foundry Container Runtime, BOSH, Open Service Broker API, Eirini, CF Containerization, Abacus, CF-Local, CredHub, ServiceFabrik, Stratos and more. Cloud Foundry makes it faster and easier to build, test, deploy and scale applications, and is used by more than half the Fortune 500, representing nearly $15 trillion in combined revenue. Cloud Foundry is hosted by The Linux Foundation and is an Apache 2.0 licensed project available on Github: https://github.com/cloudfoundry. To learn more, visit: http://www.cloudfoundry.org.
Cloud Foundry Foundation
SOURCE Cloud Foundry Foundation
Share this article