NEW YORK, Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Newtek Business Services,NASDAQ: NEWT, The Small Business Authority, announced the release of Adobe® ColdFusion® 10 web hosting plans as part of its growing suite of hosting products now powered by the company's high-performance cloud infrastructure. In addition, Newtek has engineered a custom environment specifically for ColdFusion, which significantly increases the reliability of the platform in shared-hosting environments.
"Due to the level of expertise and skill required to reliably support ColdFusion in a shared-hosting environment, some hosting providers have dropped their support for the popular software development platform," said President and CEO Barry Sloane. "Newtek, on the other hand, has doubled down on our commitment to ColdFusion and its development community. We understand the challenges of delivering the service to a multi-tenant computing environment, and as a result of our extensive experience, we were able to go back to the drawing board with Adobe's latest iteration, ColdFusion 10, and address the pain points in a completely new way. We are now able to offer a much more reliable solution for ColdFusion web sites and applications in a low-cost, shared-hosting environment."
Newtek's new cloud environment for ColdFusion provides redundancy using dual ColdFusion instances, which are load-balanced and have session replication going between them. This empowers Newtek system administrators to do a number of things that weren't possible before: it allows for graceful restarts on individual instances without having to bring down the service, and provides a better way to address "bad neighbors," who would otherwise, perhaps due to bad code, impact the performance of other tenants in the environment.
Newtek has been a longtime supporter of the ColdFusion platform and its development community, and has offered ColdFusion hosting plans for nearly a decade, starting with version 4.0.
Newtek's ColdFusion hosting plans are now available through its website: http://webservices.thesba.com/coldfusion.aspx. Additional information about Newtek's ColdFusion environment can be found on its blog: http://www.thesba.com/2012/07/19/web-development-focus-coldfusion-and-the-newtek-high-performance-cloud/
Adobe and ColdFusion are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
About Newtek Business Services, Inc.
Newtek Business Services, The Small Business Authority, provides the following products and services:
- Electronic Payment Processing: eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- Managed Technology Solutions (Cloud Computing): Full-service web host, which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- eCommerce: A suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
- Business Lending: Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans through our lending subsidiary, Newtek Small Business Finance, Inc.
- Insurance Services: Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- Web Services: Customized web design and development services.
- Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval: Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- Accounts Receivable Financing: Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Payroll: Complete payroll management and processing services.
Newtek Business Services, Inc., The Small Business Authority, is a direct distributor of a wide range of business services and financial products to the small- and medium-sized business market under the Newtek ® brand. Since 1999, Newtek has helped small- and medium-sized business owners realize their potential by providing them with the essential tools needed to manage and grow their businesses and to compete effectively in today's marketplace. Newtek provides its services to over 100,000 business accounts and has positioned the Newtek ® brand as a one-stop-shop provider of such business services. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, there are over 27.5 million small businesses in the United States, which in total represent 99.7% of all employer firms.
Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this press release including statements regarding Newtek's beliefs, expectations, intentions or strategies for the future, may be "forward-looking statements" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among others, intensified competition, operating problems and their impact on revenues and profit margins, anticipated future business strategies and financial performance, anticipated future number of customers, business prospects, legislative developments and similar matters. Risk factors, cautionary statements and other conditions, which could cause Newtek's actual results to differ from management's current expectations, are contained in Newtek's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and available through http://www.sec.gov.
Rubenstein Public Relations
Telephone: (212) 843-9335
Contact: Jonathan Goldberg / [email protected]
SOURCE Newtek Business Services, Inc.