24 Jan, 2019, 13:07 ET
SEATTLE, Jan. 24, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- RSA CONFERENCE 2019 – The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), the world's leading organization dedicated to defining and raising awareness of best practices to help ensure a secure cloud computing environment, today announced its agenda for the CSA Summit 2019, a full-day event being held on March 4 (8:30 am - 4:30 p.m. in Moscone Center South, Room 207) in conjunction with the RSA Conference 2019. The CSA Summit 2019 will reflect on the lessons learned by enterprises and cloud providers as cloud has become the dominant IT system in the market, while also exploring new frontiers—such as artificial intelligence, blockchain and IoT—that will be accelerating change in information security in the next decade.
"This year marks the 10-year anniversary of CSA's founding, and to commemorate this milestone, the CSA Summit will bring key thought leaders to the main stage and look ahead to the next 10 years of cloud security. We're excited to celebrate an extraordinary decade and look forward to another 10 years of raising awareness of best practices to help ensure not only a secure cloud computing environment but one in which emerging technologies present more opportunities than threats," said Jim Reavis, founder and CEO, Cloud Security Alliance.
This year's stellar line-up will include the following sessions:
- Security Re-Defined: How Valvoline Went to the Cloud to Transform its Security Program and Accelerate Digital Transformation. Jason Clark, CSO, Netskope, and Bob Schuetter, CISO, Valvoline.
- The Future of Privacy: Futile or Pretty Good? Jon Callas, Technology Fellow, ACLU.
- Securing Your IT Transformation to the Cloud. Jay Chaudhry, CEO, Chairman, and Founder, Zscaler.
- Ten Years in Cloud: An Observation of Success (Discussion Panel). Moderator: Becky Swain, GRC & Cloud Security Assurance Consultant; Rich Campagna, Chief Marketing Officer, Bitglass; Kurt Hagerman, CxO Advisor, Cyber Strategy, Coalfire; Eric Olden, Senior Vice President, Oracle Security and Identity, Oracle; Setu Kulkarni, Vice President, Strategy & Business Development, WhiteHat.
- Ready for Liftoff? Planning a Safe and Secure Cloud Migration. Jason Garbis, Vice President of Cybersecurity Products, Cyxtera.
- From GDPR to California Privacy: Managing Cloud Vendor Risk. Kevin Kiley, Vice President of Sales & Business Development, OneTrust.
- Building an Award-Winning Cloud Security Program. Pete Chronis, CISO, Turner.
- Behind the Scenes of MGM Resorts' Digital Transformation (Case Study). Rajiv Gupta, Senior Vice President, Cloud Security Business Unit, McAfee, and Scott Howitt, Senior Vice President & CISO, MGM Resorts International.
- Blockchain Demo with Kurt Seifried, Chief Blockchain Officer, Cloud Security Alliance
- The Approaching Decade of Disruptive Technologies (Discussion Panel). Moderator: Jennifer Steffens, CEO, IOActive, Inc; Mike Hanley, Director of Security, Duo; Marc Rogers, Executive Director, Cybersecurity Strategy, Okta; Juan Pablo Perez-Etchegoyen, CTO, Onapsis; Andy Smith, Vice President of Product Marketing, Centrify.
- Finally! Cloud Security for Unmanaged Devices … for All Apps. Nico Popp, Senior Vice President Information Protection, Symantec.
- CISO Guide to Surviving an Enterprise Cloud Journey. Dave Estlick CISO, Starbuck Technology.
- Lessons from the Cloud. David Cass, CISO Cloud and SaaS Operations & Global Partner Cloud Security Services, IBM.
- CISO Counterpoint: Mission Critical Cloud. Moderator: Eran Feigenbaum, CSO, Oracle Cloud; Vinay Patel, Managing Director, Global Head of Information Security, Citigroup Enterprise Operations & Technology; Jerry Archer, Senior Vice President and CSO, Salliemae; Stephen Scharf, Managing Director and Global Chief Security Officer, Depository Trust & Clearing Corp.
CSA CEO Jim Reavis will be on hand to give an overview of CSA's accomplishments in the 10 years since its founding, and Katie Lewin, Federal Director, will provide attendees with an update on the status of the FedSTAR program and the measures that will be used to evaluate the results.
Security professionals will want to take advantage of the CCSKv4 Plus training class (March 3-4). The course, led by Jon-Michael C. Brook, CISSP, CCSK, Certified AWS Solution Architect, provides a comprehensive review of cloud security fundamentals, prepares students to take the CSA CCSK v4 certificate exam and guides them through six hands-on labs that tie cloud security best practices to real-world applications.
Attendance is free to individuals registered as an RSA conference delegate or with an RSA Expo pass. Use code XEU9CSA and receive a free Expo Plus Pass (Offer is limited; expires Feb. 7) or use code 1U9CSAFD and receive $100 off full conference registration. Individuals must indicate their interest in attending on the CSA Summit session page (click the star icon in the upper right corner) after completing RSA registration. Seating is limited and the event reaches capacity each year. Press should email [email protected] to receive press credentials and schedule pre-event/onsite interviews with CSA leadership and conference speakers.
About Cloud Security Alliance
The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) is the world's leading organization dedicated to defining and raising awareness of best practices to help ensure a secure cloud computing environment. CSA harnesses the subject matter expertise of industry practitioners, associations, governments, and its corporate and individual members to offer cloud security-specific research, education, certification, events and products. CSA's activities, knowledge and extensive network benefit the entire community impacted by cloud — from providers and customers, to governments, entrepreneurs and the assurance industry — and provide a forum through which diverse parties can work together to create and maintain a trusted cloud ecosystem. For further information, visit us at www.cloudsecurityalliance.org, and follow us on Twitter @cloudsa.
SOURCE Cloud Security Alliance
Share this article