SAN FRANCISCO, January 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Cloudyn, the leading solution for cloud monitoring and optimization, today announced the general availability of a significant new offering that extends its support beyond Amazon Web Services™ (AWS) cloud computing platform. With Cloudyn, companies interested in or that have already adopted Google Cloud Platform (GCP) now have a means to monitor, compare and optimize all of their cloud deployments and assets from a single access point. Cloudyn's new offering enables businesses to optimize their deployments to cut costs, achieve optimal operational performance, and maximize cloud ROI.
A preview of Cloudyn's new CloudynDex annual data findings show that Google is an attractive option for 53% of its AWS customers, who are able to begin using GCE today. Businesses can make the most of Cloudyn's new module for GCE to:
- View cost and usage analytics for GCE, as well as see the implications of changes both on the deployment and financial/sizing optimizations for GCE.
- Examine how their AWS deployments will compare on GCE, exploring and comparing the associated costs in porting AWS EC2 deployments into GCE. They can conduct 'what if' scenarios based on cost, performance, and location.
- Get real-time and accurate porting recommendations from AWS to GCE based on cost, performance and location preferences.
- Expand to multiple cloud computing platforms. With Cloudyn's multi-cloud support, businesses get a consolidated AWS and GCE platform that provides uniform views across different vendor platform environments.
With Cloudyn's flagship product, IT managers, CIOs, and CFOs have access to critical ongoing analytics so they can proactively identify unnecessary spending, unused resources, and over-provisioned services. In doing so, businesses are better able to control their cloud expenditures by applying Cloudyn's comprehensive recommendations to continuously optimize wildly fluctuating deployment configurations and resulting pricing plans. Cloudyn's new product for GCE enables businesses to compare and then use the most cost effective way to support their deployment requirements.
"When we opened up our beta program, our customer base exhibited strong interest, with 35% asking to participate. We're very pleased to have extended our offering to support our customers and the slew of enterprises migrating their business to the cloud. Going forward, what we expect to unfold is akin to an "Expedia for the cloud," where real brokerage empowerment is taking hold and the best deals are offered between sellers and buyers," stated Sharon Wagner, CEO of Cloudyn. "I have no doubt 2014 will be an interesting year for both vendors and their customers."
Distinct Pricing Advantages Found with Both Platforms
Cloudyn's beta results showed that both AWS and GCE hold distinct advantages in their field. For example: Cost results from 2 distinct customer use cases running MapReduce jobs generated the following findings:
- Customer A typically runs 1000 x m1.large instances, with ~40 minutes average runtime per instance. The MR instances are running on-demand. Due to GCE's per minute billing and lower prices, moving to GCE would save the company ~40%.
- Customer B's workload is very similar to Customer A; however, Customer B's typical job is in the range of 80 minutes, with ~800 m1.large instances per job. Yet, by using Spot instances and calculating the transition, in this case, GCE would actually be ~10% more expensive, despite the sub-hour billing of Google.
Pricing and Availability; Limited Time Free Trial
Available immediately, Cloudyn's SaaS-based module for GCE is available for a limited time free trial. Sign up here: http://www.cloudyn.com
Founded in 2011, privately-held Cloudyn is the leader in cloud monitoring and cost optimization for cloud infrastructure deployments (IaaS). The company's industry-leading SaaS solution delivers unprecedented insights into usage trends and cost allocation coupled with custom prescriptive actions for enhancing performance and reducing spend. With more than 2,500,000 virtual instances monitored, Cloudyn helps businesses that are migrating to the cloud dramatically reduce their cloud costs and bring them under optimum control, increase operational performance, and capitalize on customer choice. Its technology-leading products have attracted more than 1,200 customers, including F500 global enterprises and SaaS companies.
(Editor's Note: Artwork Available Upon Request)