CHICAGO, May 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Clune Construction is pleased to announce its charitable contributions, continuing its commitment to improve communities nationwide. Corporate responsibility is a cornerstone of Clune Construction's core values and since its inception, Clune has been committed to philanthropic initiatives, donating a percentage of its annual profits to local and national charitable organizations of all sizes. Clune and its employees are deeply committed to volunteering their time and skills to improve the communities where they live and work.
"We take pride in contributing to organizations, which bring such important services, on both a national and local level," said Bill Abromitis, CEO of Clune Construction. "It's been a key focus of our firm's corporate culture and we look forward to making a difference in our communities throughout the coming year."
Impacting the Communities that Support Clune Construction
The diverse charitable giving list includes contributions to support organizations around the country:
- Bridge Communities – Bridge Communities is a dynamic, grassroots, non-profit organization committed to transforming the lives of homeless families by partnering with talented, resourceful individuals in the Chicago community. Their program of housing, mentoring and empowering families focuses on moving families towards a goal of self-sufficiency.
- HFS Chicago Scholars – HFS Chicago Scholars assists economically disadvantaged inner-city high school students in Chicago who show academic and leadership promise to achieve their educational goals by providing financial assistance and mentoring.
- Inova – Inova Breast Cancer Program is a comprehensive, nationally recognized network of breast care specialists and treatment facilities at Inova's five world-class hospitals in Northern Virginia.
- Prader-Willi Syndrome Association USA – PWSA (USA) was organized in 1975 to provide support for individuals, families, professionals and organizations and to be a resource for education and information about Prader-Willi syndrome.
- New York Police & Fire Widow's & Children's Benefit Fund – The mission of the New York Police & Fire Widow's and Children's Benefit Fund is to support the families of New York City Police Officers, Firefighters, Port Authority Police, and EMS Personnel who have been killed in the line of duty.
- San Francisco Firefighters Toy Program – The San Francisco Firefighters Toy Program is a non-profit group which provides more than 20,000 toys to more than 40,000 underprivileged kids each year.
- LA Family Housing – LA Family Housing helps people transition from homelessness and poverty by providing a continuum of housing enriched with supportive services. Since 1983, LAFH has become one of the largest comprehensive real estate developers and services providers to the homeless in Los Angeles and a regional leader providing solutions to end homelessness.
- The Global FoodBanking Network –The Global FoodBanking Network is an international non-profit organization that fights world hunger by creating, supporting and strengthening food banks around the world. They work in more than 30 countries, home to more than one-fourth of the world's nearly 800 million undernourished people.
In addition, Clune Construction and its employees participate in countless volunteer initiatives, fundraisers and sponsorships throughout the year.
Continuing Clune's Pledge for Cancer Research
Clune Construction made a $1 million pledge in 2013 to Gateway for Cancer Research, a national, nonprofit organization committed to funding innovative, cutting-edge cancer research. Clune Construction continued their dedication to that pledge with an annual donation.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/clune-construction-announces-charitable-contributions-to-help-improve-communities-nationwide-300451877.html
SOURCE Clune Construction