CHICAGO, Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Clune Construction is pleased to announce the continuation of its legacy of charitable contributions by committing significant donations to non-profit organizations nationwide during the 2017 holiday season. Each year, all Clune regional offices select local charities to present with a special holiday donation.
The list of organizations Clune selected for holiday donations in 2017 includes:
- Easterseals Serving Chicagoland and Rockford – Serves 33,000 clients annually in programs across Chicagoland and the Rockford region in Illinois and Northwest Indiana. The organization is an indispensable resource for people and families facing disability, offering a wide range of services and helping their clients build the skills and access the resources they need to live, learn, work and play.
- HFS Chicago Scholars – Assists economically disadvantaged inner-city high school students in Chicago who show academic and leadership promise to achieve their educational goals by providing financial assistance and mentoring.
Los Angeles Charities
- The Battle Buddy Foundation – TBBF was founded by veterans to serve veterans, and exists to affect long-term and tangible change in the lives of veterans by providing service dogs at no cost.
- LA Family Housing – Helps people transition from homelessness and poverty by providing a continuum of housing enriched with supportive services. Since 1983, LAFH has become one of the largest comprehensive real estate developers and services providers to the homeless in Los Angeles and a regional leader providing solutions to end homelessness.
New York Charity
- New Alternatives For Children – Provides real help and hope to thousands of children with disabilities and chronic illnesses and their families throughout New York City. Through an integrated continuum of health and social services, NAC keeps children safe from abuse or neglect and works with birth, foster, and adoptive families to keep children out of institutions and in nurturing, loving homes.
San Francisco Charity
- North Bay Fire Relief – Raised more than $25 million for survivors of the North Bay fires in Northern California. Funds were distributed to aide those who lost homes or experienced economic hardship as a result of the fires.
Washington, DC Charities
- Prader-Willi Syndrome Association USA – Provides support for individuals, families, professionals and organizations and is a resource for education and information about Prader-Willi syndrome.
- Boulder Crest Retreat – Owns and operates two rural sanctuaries that provide free accommodations, recreational and therapeutic activities, and breakthrough combat stress recovery programs to help our nation's military and veteran personnel and their families thrive and live great lives.
"We are honored to give to local and national organizations that make a difference in communities nationwide," said Bill Abromitis, CEO of Clune Construction. "Our staff personally selects each and every charity we work with and many of the organizations have close, personal connections to Clune employees."
Providing assistance to charitable organizations and those in need is a core aspect of Clune's corporate culture, and Clune employees are encouraged to dedicate a portion of their personal time to volunteer activities. Today, the strength of the organization's company-wide charitable culture is the direct result of a history of donating to numerous causes, and is an aspect of which the firm is very proud.
Continuing Clune's Pledge for Cancer Research
Clune Construction pledged to make a $1 million donation over the course of several years to Gateway for Cancer Research, a national, nonprofit organization committed to funding innovative, patient-centric cancer research. Clune Construction continued its dedication to that pledge in 2017 with an annual donation.
"We are deeply grateful for our partnership with the Clune Construction family, and our shared commitment to conquering cancer," said Teresa Hall Bartels, President of Gateway for Cancer Research. "Thanks to their generous contributions, Gateway is funding next-generation science leading to new research discoveries around the world, and has helped more than 3,000 patients find innovative treatments for cancers of all types. Together, we share a vision to shape a world in which a cancer diagnosis is no longer feared, and advancing our mission would not be possible without the remarkable support and dedication of partners like Clune Construction."
About Clune Construction
Clune Construction is a national general contractor with offices in Chicago; Los Angeles; New York; San Francisco, and Washington, DC. Today, they employ more than 500 employees and manage $920 million in commercial and mission-critical projects annually. Clune Construction believes the hallmark of their success is grounded in their dedication to consistently delivering their clients' projects on time and under budget, with honesty, integrity, and a great deal of emphasis on client satisfaction. Learn more at www.clunegc.com.
SOURCE Clune Construction