CHICAGO, Aug. 4, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, today reported July 2020 market statistics, including average daily volume (ADV) of 13.6 million contracts during the month. Open interest at the end of July was 101 million contracts. Market statistics are available online in greater detail at https://cmegroupinc.gcs-web.com/monthly-volume.
July ADV across asset classes includes:
- Equity Index ADV of 5.2 million contracts
- Interest Rate ADV of 4 million contracts
- Options ADV of 2 million contracts
- Energy ADV of 1.7 million contracts
- Agricultural ADV of 1.3 million contracts
- Foreign Exchange ADV of 755,000 contracts
- Metals ADV of 725,000 contracts
Additional July product highlights include:
- Equity Index ADV grew 82% from July 2019, including 16% Equity Index options ADV growth
- Micro E-mini Equity futures ADV of 2 million contracts
- E-mini Russell 2000 futures ADV grew 61% from July 2019
- E-mini Nasdaq-100 futures ADV grew 53% from July 2019
- Silver futures ADV increased 36% from July 2019
- Soybean options ADV grew 34% from July 2019
- Natural Gas options ADV rose 19% from July 2019
- Foreign Exchange futures and options ADV grew 10% from July 2019
- New Zealand dollar futures ADV grew 26% from July 2019
- Euro FX futures ADV grew 24% from July 2019
As the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) enables clients to trade futures, options, cash and OTC markets, optimize portfolios, and analyze data – empowering market participants worldwide to efficiently manage risk and capture opportunities. CME Group exchanges offer the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural products and metals. The company offers futures and options on futures trading through the CME Globex® platform, fixed income trading via BrokerTec and foreign exchange trading on the EBS platform. In addition, it operates one of the world's leading central counterparty clearing providers, CME Clearing. With a range of pre- and post-trade products and services underpinning the entire lifecycle of a trade, CME Group also offers optimization and reconciliation services through TriOptima, and trade processing services through Traiana.
CME Group, the Globe logo, CME, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Globex, and, E-mini are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. CBOT and Chicago Board of Trade are trademarks of Board of Trade of the City of Chicago, Inc. NYMEX, New York Mercantile Exchange and ClearPort are trademarks of New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. COMEX is a trademark of Commodity Exchange, Inc. BrokerTec, EBS, TriOptima, and Traiana are trademarks of BrokerTec Europe LTD, EBS Group LTD, TriOptima AB, and Traiana, Inc., respectively. Dow Jones, Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500 and S&P are service and/or trademarks of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC, Standard & Poor's Financial Services LLC and S&P/Dow Jones Indices LLC, as the case may be, and have been licensed for use by Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE CME Group