HONG KONG, Aug. 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- CNOOC Limited (the "Company", SEHK: 00883, NYSE: CEO, TSX: CNU) announced today the Hangingstone project in Canada has already commenced production.
The Hangingstone project, located in Alberta, Canada, consists of steam-generating equipment, well pad facilities, 32 well pairs, water treatment and bitumen flowlines. The project is expected to reach its peak production rate of approximately 20,000 barrels of bitumen per day in 2018.
NEXEN Energy ULC, a wholly owned subsidiary of CNOOC Limited, has a 25% working interest in Hangingstone Project, while Japan Canada Oil Sands Limited (JACOS) holds the remaining 75% working interest and acts as the operator.
Notes to Editors:
More information about the Company is available at http://www.cnoocltd.com.
This press release includes "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements regarding expected future events, business prospectus or financial results. The words "expect", "anticipate", "continue", "estimate", "objective", "ongoing", "may", "will", "project", "should", "believe", "plans", "intends" and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. These statements are based on assumptions and analyses made by the Company in light of its experience and its perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors the Company believes are appropriate under the circumstances. However, whether actual results and developments will meet the expectations and predictions of the Company depends on a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause the actual results, performance and financial condition to differ materially from the Company's expectations, including but not limited to those associated with fluctuations in crude oil and natural gas prices, the exploration or development activities, the capital expenditure requirements, the business strategy, whether the transactions entered into by the Group can complete on schedule pursuant to their terms and timetable or at all, the highly competitive nature of the oil and natural gas industries, the foreign operations, environmental liabilities and compliance requirements, and economic and political conditions in the People's Republic of China. For a description of these and other risks and uncertainties, please see the documents the Company files from time to time with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Annual Report on Form 20-F filed in April of the latest fiscal year.
Consequently, all of the forward-looking statements made in this press release are qualified by these cautionary statements. The Company cannot assure that the results or developments anticipated will be realised or, even if substantially realised, that they will have the expected effect on the Company, its business or operations.
For further enquiries, please contact:
Mr. Yan Cao
Deputy General Manager, Investor Relations Department
Ms. Iris Wong
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Asia
Tel: +852-2894 6263
SOURCE CNOOC Limited