PARIS, April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
At the Annual General Meeting of CNP Assurances shareholders held on 25 April 2013 in Paris and chaired by Jean-Paul Faugère, Chairman of the Board of Directors, the shareholders approved the financial statements of the Company and the Group for the year ended 31 December 2012.
During the meeting, Mr. Faugère reviewed the economic and financial environment in 2012 and commented on CNP Assurances's resilience in these circumstances.
Frédéric Lavenir, Chief Executive Officer, then took the floor to review the highlights of the year for the Group, its results and the outlook for 2013. He informed shareholders that the impact of the crisis in Cyprus on the Group's financial statements would be reassessed when the quarterly indicators for the first quarter of the year were published, in light of the Cypriot government decree dated 22 April determining the treatment of funds deposited by insurance companies with local banks.
All the resolutions put to the vote were adopted. In particular:
- Frédéric Lavenir was elected as a director for a term corresponding to the period of his appointment as Chief Executive Officer.
- The appointment as directors of Ann-Sophie Grave and Jean-Yves Forel, to replace Antoine Gosset-Grainville and Olivier Klein following their resignation, was ratified.
- The recommendation to pay a dividend of €0.77 per share, unchanged from last year, was approved, as well as the proposal to offer shareholders a scrip option.
The full text of the resolutions and the detailed results of the vote will be posted, in French, on the Company's financial website, http://www.cnp-finances.fr the day after the Meeting.
2013 Investor Calendar:
Payment of the dividend:
- Ex dividend date: Tuesday, 30 April
- Period for exercising the scrip option: between 30 April and the close of business on 21 May (after which shareholders will automatically be assumed to have chosen to receive their dividends in cash)
- Cash dividend payment date and settlement/delivery date for scrip dividends: from 30 May 2013.
- First-quarter results indicators: Thursday, 16 May at 7:30 a.m.
- First-half results: Friday, 26 July at 7:30 a.m.
- First nine months results indicators: Thursday, 7 November at 7:30 a.m.
About CNP Assurances
CNP Assurances is France's leading personal insurer, with net profit of €951 million in 2012. The Group also has operations in other European countries and in Latin America, with a significant presence in Brazil. It has 23 million savings and personal risk policyholders worldwide and 17 million insureds under term creditor insurance contracts.
The Group designs and manages insurance products that are distributed by partners with a strong market presence.
Listed on the first market of the Paris Bourse since October 1998, CNP Assurances enjoys the backing of a core group of four major shareholders (Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations, La Banque Postale, Groupe BPCE and the French State) united by a shareholders' agreement.
Disclaimer: Some of the statements contained in this press release may be forward-looking statements referring to projections, future events, trends or objectives that, by their very nature, involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results could differ materially from those currently anticipated in such statements by reason of factors such as changes in general economic conditions and conditions in the financial markets, legal or regulatory decisions or changes, changes in the frequency and amount of insured claims, particularly as a result of changes in mortality and morbidity rates, changes in surrender rates, interest rates, foreign exchange rates, the competitive environment, the policies of foreign central banks or governments, legal proceedings, the effects of acquisitions and the integration of newly-acquired businesses, and general factors affecting competition.
Further information regarding factors which may cause results to differ materially from those projected in forward-looking statements is included in CNP Assurances' filings with the Autorité des Marchés Financiers. CNP Assurances does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements presented herein to take into account any new information, future event or other factors.
The scrip option is not available to shareholders resident in jurisdictions where registration requirements would apply and the local securities regulator's authorisation would be required. Shareholders not resident in a member state of the European Union should seek advice about and comply with any local restrictions applicable to the scrip option.
Florence de MONTMARIN
SOURCE CNP Assurances